My fungiid collection

viper_930

Here's pics I just took of some of the unusual morphs I've collected.
This green one is so bright it's often the first thing my friends point out.

Orange/green

Purple w/ light blue blotches

Blood red w/ a green mouth, green rim, and white spots. I can't capture the true colors of this one for the life of me.

The tiny plate on the left came as a hitch hiker. It used to have some amazing deep purple stripes, but they faded for some reason. The other on the right I just got a couple days ago hoping it'll turn more blue.

kidreef

i was looking to get one would they be okay on crushed coral?
o and love those plates especially the one with blue blotches

alix2.0

nice plates. i really like the color on that red one! i have a neon green from SWF coming tomorrow. excited.

viper_930

Thanks for the comments everyone.

kidreef, yea crushed coral is ok. Five of mine are actually on crushed coral right now. The neon green one is sitting on the edge of a rock.
coraljunky, neither have I. I've seen pink, but never red.

squishy

Sorry ... But I have to ask something I am sure you have been asked before.
Where did you get the blue sqas clam from. I have been hunting for one for a long time. And do you have some more pics of him.

viper_930

hah thanks fish crazy!
Squishy, I got the blue squamosa from a local place (not a storefront, only online sales). I can assure you he doesn't have any more though. Many other people are after them too

I got the purple cyclocersis from the same guy at the same time.

teen

awesome collection. everything you have is always awesome. i guess living on the west coast helps though.
i wonder how rare those blue squamys are in the wild?

viper_930

Blue squamosas are actually not really hard to find in the wild and they've even been captive raised for years. They're just extremely difficult to find in the US. This one was the only one I've seen for sale in several years. From what I hear, blue squamosas aren't imported into the US because of a problem with the CITIES permits, but I don't know how true that is.

ledzep fan

A guy is selling one locally near me for $80...except it looks like murphs squamy. It is around 8 inches too. Do you think it is a good deal for one?