my lavender kingsnake

reefkprz

here are a couple quick shots I got of my lavender striped kingsnake, hes almost never out, he seems really shy for a kingsnake. Enjoy. he is one beautiful snake. not a very common one either.

sepulatian

That snake is absolutely beautifull. If you don't mind me asking, how much did he cost? I am so ready for another snake. My son has been asking for me to get another for quite some time. We had a burmese python named Sepulatian. I want another, but not one that gets so huge. Length is fine, but he was up to eating rats. I want a cool looking snake that will keep to mice sized food.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by sepulatian
That snake is absolutely beautifull. If you don't mind me asking, how much did he cost? I am so ready for another snake. My son has been asking for me to get another for quite some time. We had a burmese python named Sepulatian. I want another, but not one that gets so huge. Length is fine, but he was up to eating rats. I want a cool looking snake that will keep to mice sized food.
I wish I had posted some pictures earlier I just gave away another I had two of them given to me but since you cannot house kings togehter I gave one away. but the tag price on this snake was 129.99 originally. the store went out of bussiness and they were both given to a friend who has several large snakes (7+feet) and a buch of okatee corns, they just decided they had too many and gave them to me, I would have given you one for the cost of shipping LOL. dont pay over $130 for one. I'll see If I can find a breeder for you, if you want, I know tons, if they dont have that particular color pattern they can ususally breed one for you if your willing to wait. let me know.

mike22cha

Is that some kind of albino snake? Those red eyes freak me out, I'm not a big fan of snakes. Very cool coloration though, but again the eyes freak me out, LOL

sepulatian

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
I wish I had posted some pictures earlier I just gave away another I had two of them given to me but since you cannot house kings togehter I gave one away. but the tag price on this snake was 129.99 originally. the store went out of bussiness and they were both given to a friend who has several large snakes (7+feet) and a buch of okatee corns, they just decided they had too many and gave them to me, I would have given you one for the cost of shipping LOL. dont pay over $130 for one. I'll see If I can find a breeder for you, if you want, I know tons, if they dont have that particular color pattern they can ususally breed one for you if your willing to wait. let me know.
Ugh, that stinks! How big do these usualy get? Any special requirements?

reefkprz

they get about 4-5 feet full grown, just the basic requirements for snakes hot/cool zones in tank 85-90 on the hot side 65-75 on the cool side, no UVB required though they may benifit from it during the day. (nocturnal). moderate humidity, keep on aspen, paper towel, newspaper, NEVER pine the phenols in the pine will kill the snake, via respitory failure. very basic.

sepulatian

they get about 4-5 feet full grown, just the basic requirements for snakes hot/cool zones in tank 85-90 on the hot side 65-75 on the cool side, no UVB required though they may benifit from it during the day. (nocturnal). moderate humidity, keep on aspen, paper towel, newspaper, NEVER pine the phenols in the pine will kill the snake, via respitory failure. very basic.
Ugh, now I REALY want one. I will see if my distributer carries them, if not then I will be asking about contacts for breeders

sepulatian

My distributer does not carry them. I just got a 50 gallon tall tank that was leaking in many places. I am not going to bother to re-seal it. Email me @ fishybusiness626@yahoo.com if you can hook me up with a breeder. This tank is 3 foot wide and about 2-3 feet high. It would be perfect for climbing. Thank you very much!!!

reefkprz

sep you have a PM
Keri I am not sure of the age it was that size when we got it. (well a shed or two smaller) its a recent aquisition.

perfectdark

WOW awesome.. I had a 6ft red tail boa a few years ago that I had to give away to a pet store, the apartment I was moving into wouldnt allow snakes, sheesh. But now that I am a home owner my daughter is infatuated with snakes and she wants one bad... kinda odd IMO for a 4 yr old to want a snake but I was considering a king or a corn snake for her. Yours is unbelievable... I love the color.

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
Wow... I never thought I would say this about a snake, but, umm... beautiful!

Agreed. lol

reefkprz

thank you. he is probably one of the more attractive color morphs I have seen. though there are some really cool ones coming out now that breeders have pretty much nailed down what genetic crosses will produce what colored offspring. its amazing the color combinations they are getting through selective breeding.

scgator

Sep, I know you said you have a son, but not his age. I have an 8 and 4 year old boys who want a snake. I'm kind of leary do to all the "snake ate child" press. I know the kings, corns, etc won't get that big, but are there other probs that come with kids + snakes. What is a good starter snake (ie low cost + easy care)?

rykna

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
WOW awesome.. I had a 6ft red tail boa a few years ago that I had to give away to a pet store, the apartment I was moving into wouldnt allow snakes, sheesh. But now that I am a home owner my daughter is infatuated with snakes and she wants one bad... kinda odd IMO for a 4 yr old to want a snake but I was considering a king or a corn snake for her. Yours is unbelievable... I love the color.
Ball pythons are easy going snakes too.

rykna

here are a couple quick shots I got of my lavender striped kingsnake, hes almost never out, he seems really shy for a kingsnake. Enjoy. he is one beautiful snake. not a very common one either.
Wow!!! That is a beautiful snake!!!!

reefkprz

corn snakes are some of the most tolerant snakes as well as docile. remember though snakes are reptiles and can strike at anygiven time.
when training your kids to hold the snake you need to teach them they arent holding it but letting it climb on them. a childs inclination to grasp the snake may lead to the snake feeling endangerd and striking. also never feed the snake in its habitat (use a box), this helps the snake to not think of its habitat as a hunting ground reducing the chances of striking. though a snake may still strike when hungry. make sure your children wash their hands before and after handleing the animal.
A full grown corn can be happily housed in a 20G tank. with nothing more than aspen bedding, a "hide" cave or something similar, heat lamp, water dish, and decorations to climb on. remember snakes are escape artists ensure the lid is securely latched with lid locks.
I can e-mail you a great caresheet on cornsankes if your interested PM me your e-mail.