My most expensive coral....

speg

Cost me zero dollars....
It was a $80 blasto that I just got today. Traded in some GSP and small galaxia/toadstool for it. I wanted a Acan Lord but they sold it already :(
Anyways here is a pic of it.. the quality sucks.. I cant take good pics of this 55 gallon tank for some reason.
If you have any good personal experience on keeping these that you'd like to throw my way.. i'd appreciate it ;) Lemme know what you think of the coral too (besides how sucky the pic is).

azocean709

this is off topic maybe....but i fragged my first little coral...thanks again speg!! I set up a frag tank...god the pumbing i have now is rediculas. ! hopfully i will succeed in this!.

speg

Any time that you decide to :p You need to hurry because im clearing my frag shelfs as we speak to make room for a bunch of fragging I plan on doing. I just got rid of 6-7 coral today and I plan on going out again in 10 minutes to another fish store and drop off some more.

speg

Originally Posted by AzOcean709
this is off topic maybe....but i fragged my first little coral...thanks again speg!! I set up a frag tank...god the pumbing i have now is rediculas. ! hopfully i will succeed in this!.

Cool what did you frag?

azocean709

the only thing i have at the moment TO frag....LMAO a yellow gargonian. even after i fragged it...all the little polyps came back out in a matter of 15 minutes. Hope it does well...this will open a new door up for me...HEH heh HEH. I already built a HUGE refugium for my LFS. that was a plus if you know what i mean...lol.. if i can get corals and frag them and sell them back to them...that will be big plus too!.

dogstar

I really hope Im wrong but it looks more like a Caulastrea than an Blasto, even so still nice and worth $ 80 + IMO.

speg

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I really hope Im wrong but it looks more like a Caulastrea than an Blasto, even so still nice and worth $ 80 + IMO.
You are wrong ;)

speg

Seriously though.. . nobody else has one of these? I know someone does. I wanna know all the tips they have for the coral@once!
I am tired of bumping my own thread... so stop being shy and reply :p

murph145

i have blastomussa wellsi's.... looks like you have blastomussa merleti's
just a difference in skeletal shape and size but other then that similar
i have mine on the sand bed and i feed it twice a week some brine or mysid shrimp with a turkey baster
mine are red with green centers
heres a pic

speg

They had a couple wellsi's for sale.. but I liked the merletis far better.
After giving the guy my frags he is like 'when you can figure out how to frag that thing.. bring some in'. I said.. I could frag it right now for you :p

speg

Originally Posted by murph145
well then i am of no help to u since yours is soooo much better!

I'm not saying that... im just saying I personally like the smaller ones better. In all honesty yours is probably much more desired/rare. I appreciate you telling me how you feed yours though - thanks.

jer4916

my most expensive coral was $100, (large torch coral) ...but the average price per coral in my tank is around $65 ...i have around 23 corals in my reef.
~Chris

azocean709

Originally Posted by whaa...?
2 grand coral
Foul language is not to be tolerated!!!
i looked at that coral....who in their right mind would spend that much money on a coral...LMAO if someone has that much mula....they need to break me off a chunk!!!! LMAO :hilarious

unleashed

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I hate to jump on this bandwagon too but it looks like candycane coral to me also
Caulastrea furcata I have seen larger specimens of green blastos they have not had brown edges.also I havent seen a blasto with long stems My lfs had a very large show peice neon green almost a ft in diam the stems were short and close to the base unlike the candycane corals.it is well worth 80 bucks ether way you got a nice peice even as a trade..this is my candycane its more the pearlescent coloring but compair the stems even as a frag they are sold on stems.this one is aprox 6-7 inches diam

speg

Son of a... listen. It is NOT a candy cane. I wish you'd all get off of thinking it is.. and get back to telling me about your blastos.. and stop talking about acan lords. :p SHEEEEEEEEEESH.