My new 120

oceansidefish

I am so excited. Tomorrow I am going to pick up a 120 that I am buying for 200. Its a 3 year old Leemar, Eurobraced with corner overflow for 200 including stand and sump. I am also going to be buying the Geismann lights for 350...Wicked deal. Its going to fit perfect since I live in an older and smaller house. Its a 4x2x2.

oceansidefish

My thing now is what will my stock list look like...What's going in from my 60.
1 True Perc
1 Midas Blenny
1 P. Firefish
1 Flame Hawk
1 Candy Hog
My goby and pistol combo I am on the fence about putting in this tank.

oceansidefish

Today is the day, I was up all night trying to come up with a stocklist.... I really want a tang but am worried about the length of the tank being so short. I would love a powder brown or purple.

blazehok68

I have a 120also. 4x2x2 I like it but it is hard to get to all the corners with a canopy on it. I have a blue hippo tang in mine and he does just fine.
good luck!

cedarreef

Looks like a project worth watching! Definitely subbing this thread. What are the plans for the tank? FOWLR, reef, FO?

oceansidefish

So I have been avoiding doing this for a while, but with this big of a tank I am going to suck it up and order an RO/DI from some dudes who sell filters. Should I order the six stage or is a five sufficient. Not so worried about the cost but wonder what kind of difference this is going to make. I am going to be cleaning out the tank tomorrow and we are running a didicated breaker for the tank tomorrow. I want all of the ballasts up in the ceiling, then I don't have to worry about any heat issues in the stand.

oceansidefish

I am moving my 60g reef into the tank. I have decided to run a DSB and am going to get rid of my over enthusiastic pistol shrimp. My current stocklist is going in there.
Randalli Goby
candy hog
perc
flame hawk
purple firefish
Midas blenny
Any suggestions for other additions? I would like to have a tang but want to find the right on. I would like maybe a Kole. This tank is odd that its only 4ft so I want it to be a forever home.

small triggers

If you have alot of algae a kole is great, I have run out of naturally occuring algae in my tank and have to suplement 3 sheets of nori a day for mine. (and believe me I had ALOT of the natural stuff) other than that, hes great, doesnt really swim all over like some of the tangs, just kinda hovers and cleans. Also, another posibility is a foxface?? Most (trial and error) are reef safe :)

oceansidefish

Well I cleaned out the tank today. I scraped all the old coraline off and cleaned out all of the sand residue and other misc algae. So now I just have to build the sump baffles and she should be ready to go. Then I will be able to set up all of the plumbing and everything and then bring in the house and get ready for a whole day of switching over. I am going to do a DSB and am going to use about 200 pounds of dry sand with a few bags of live sand on top.
I have decided to go with a really simple set up in this tank. I am going to use an eheim 1262 for the return pump and a Warner Marine skimmer. As far as I can tell these are the best skimmers on the market for the buck. I am going to be adding a full crew for the DSB which will include a couple of queen conchs and a my sand sifting star along with an assortment of snails.

oceansidefish

so the hubby is under the house now running the electrical for the dedicated circuit to the tank. Hopefully that will be done today and MAYBE we can get the Geisman fixture hung. I am going to head to home depot in a bit and get new bulkheads and plumbing

oceansidefish

All of the new electrical lines are in. The tank will be on its own dedicated 20amp circuit and there are going to be 3 GFCI outlets along the wall. So six total. No power strips for me! The lights and balasts will all be wired into the ceiling. Looking into the in wall timers, pretty cool and about the size of a light switch.

oceansidefish

Ok so my 120 is up, so much for the build thread.... I will go through what I did though for everyone to enjoy. It has been a little crazy with my husband working overtime and the need to get it done yesterday. So I will start posting pics.

oceansidefish

Here is the sump with my home made baffles courtesy of wally world! I am using an eheim 1262 for the return. I am interested to get this puppy up and running to see what it will do. Like I said earlier this is going to be a super simple and basic setup...The only thing I will likely add is a phosban reactor.

oceansidefish

Here is the skimmer...Its a WM research... I can't wait to see this puppy really get going. They are some of the best skimmers I have seen. Cost me a pretty penny but worth every cent.