my new acan

monkdaily

first off i would like to say its good to be back this is my first post in MONTHS.
and today my tank turns 1
.so why not start posting again today! so first i would like to post a pic of my one and only acan not to sure of the genus or name but its got green centers red ring and purple outside. its got 2 1/2 mouths and 2 1/2 polyps, with about 1/4 polyp that has no mouth it was only 60 bucks around here thats TOO good a deal to pass up. if anyone can give me some info on it it would be appreciated!

p.s. its just a camera phone

monkdaily

its the cheapest and smallest frag i have seen in my area. at the LFS frags start at 80 for 4-5 polyps and go up to 250 for 8-9 polyp frag. i just haves decided how to mount it yet. i have seen some matt and some grow in like a sphere. wuts up with that?? anybody know??

clown4life

I don't know why they grow like that but it's cool when/if you frag those let me know I haven't seen any like that so far.

monkdaily

yeah they look just like that but the "white rays" coming out of the polyp isint quite as pronunsed as those (if that makes sense) but its a tiny frag with smaller polyps so with age who knows

monkdaily

AWESOME. i have had mine about 2 weeks no new polyps of course but i can see the polyps swelling up and lookin good. so only good thing i hope