My New Aquarium

codyw92

Hello everyone, My name is Cody.. Obviously to my Username. I've joined not even a few minutes ago. I just set up
my new salt water aquarium last night. I've spent a lot of money trying to get everything i need. I have a 10 gallon tank.
I didn't want to get to far ahead of myself as this will be my first salt water aquarium. I will be buying a bigger tank soon depending on how everything goes so.. Okay, Here is what ive got set up so far inside of the tank. I've got live coral reef sand. Which took forever to clear up, I had to eventually turn on my filter. Then everything actually cleared up very nicely. Afterwords I cleaned out the filter with salt water in a bowl just to be safe. I have 4 lbs of Live Rock inside the tank as well. 2 big rocks i got at a fish store here in Houston. The guy had bunch of them sitting inside this huge tank on the ground with this big pretty fish inside the tank and told me to pick one i liked. I also bought the BIO-Spira start up that has live nitrfying bacteria. I just wanted some advice or any suggestions would be wonderful before i buy the fish i want. Things I should look out for.. Anything ..
Thanks

bang guy

There are very very few fish compatible with a 10 gallon tank. They exist but you need to be very picky. What did you have in mind?

codyw92

I want to get 2 clown fish to get started with and I'm going to get a bigger tank for them by next month or so. I love the way i have it looking so far and i just bought an ammonia test kit for the tank. It's only at 0.25 ppm. Though I was taking some of the water out and putting other salt water i had made to raise the salinity level to 1.024 for them. I tried to get the ph test kit but i got kind for freshwater only..

I checked with the test strips I have though and it everything was checking out okay so.. Hopefully I will be able to get some fish soon for it. I'm kinda getting impatient and it's only been 2 days

spongeycrab

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyW92 http:///t/392663/my-new-aquarium#post_3488198
I want to get 2 clown fish to get started with and I'm going to get a bigger tank for them by next month or so. I love the way i have it looking so far and i just bought an ammonia test kit for the tank. It's only at 0.25 ppm. Though I was taking some of the water out and putting other salt water i had made to raise the salinity level to 1.024 for them. I tried to get the ph test kit but i got kind for freshwater only..

I checked with the test strips I have though and it everything was checking out okay so.. Hopefully I will be able to get some fish soon for it. I'm kinda getting impatient and it's only been 2 days

Two clownfish wouldn't be very happy in a 10 gallon look at other fish like Possum Wrasse or Barnacle Blennies and Clown Gobies
Check out here for more fish:http://www.***********.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15+2124
Also, what is the size of your "upgraded" tank gonna be?