My new Bellus ~ male

spiderwoman

He arrived today and is absolutely gorgeous. Picked him from the Divers Den and I can already tell that he will nicely pair up with my female.
Here is the female (size about 3 inches):

Here is the male (size 4.5 inches):

spiderwoman

They started dancing together as soon as the actinics came on and the female lured the male out from the rock work. I'm eyeballing them right now and they are swimming side by side all the time. My large Hippo is trying to get into the mix and just poked the female away. Luckily no aggression shown by anybody so far.
He's been in the tank now about 3 hours and ate well when I introduced Reef flakes and PE Mysis.

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by Scopus Tang
http:///forum/post/2905848
Nice Spidey, which of your tanks are you keeping them in?
They are in the 150. I'm thinking this is the last fish that I'll add there.
Other inhabitants:
- Hippo Tang

- Yellow Tang

- Foxface

- Bartlett's' Anthias
- Sunrise Dottyback (Pseudochromis flavivertix)

- Clown Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus solorensis)

- pair of clowns
- 2 Midas Blennies (both in right overflow DARN JUMPERS)
- Blue Spot Jawfish (who hides behind the rockwork these days)

wangotango

Very nice

The Genicanthus angels are underrated. They may not look as nice as some of the others, but you don't have to worry about them eating your coral.
-Justin

aquaknight

You are right Spidey, definitely awesome angel.
Is it just the angle of the pic, or is that the world's fattest Sunrise?

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2905942
You are right Spidey, definitely awesome angel.
Is it just the angle of the pic, or is that the world's fattest Sunrise?

Thanks guys!
Yes, he is a very fat and happy little fish. Previous owner said he hides all the time and in our tank he is out and about all the time and chases the food almost faster than the other fish :)

hlcroghan

Wow, someday I hope I am lucky enough to own a tank as beautiful as that one.......absolutely gorgeous......:)

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by Kevin34
http:///forum/post/2907058
awesome tank

what are the dimesions?
Thanks!
72 long
28 high
18 wide
Wish it was max 24 high and 24 wide. It's difficult for a female to reach the bottom of the tank when there complete height is more close to 32 inches with the plastic rim and edge of the canopy. UGH

spiderwoman

I have bad news and good news. We lost our female Bellus 2 weeks ago. Not sure what happened, but I suspect that there was racing around the tank and she jumped into the right overflow. For 2 days the male Bellus was diving around the tank, clearly looking for her and I could not find her body anywhere. On Friday morning 2 weeks ago the air was spewing into the tank and the sump was sucked dry, ATO was pumping more water into the tank and sure enough the tank almost overflowed. Both overflows were clogged, right one with the dead Bellus lady and the left with a large Turbo snail.
The lucky thing was the we were getting ready to go out-of-town for the night. If this had happened 4 hours later, we might have had a fire in the house if the external pump got overheated or something.
It was sad to lose the lady, she was so pretty, fat, and a very active fish in the tank.
Good news is that last week I found another Bellus, large in size at the Divers Den, same place as where the male came from. Perfectly healthy, not as fat as my old lady was, but after about 30 min in the tank, the male found her and they have been swimming side by side ever since.