my new clam!!!!!!!

cranberry

Gosh, these are some small clams y'all are getting. You have your work cut out for you.
These guys are going to need food in the 2-80 micron range of food. The higher up in your rockwork the better.
Try to keep your temp below 80.

meowzer

well they said 1.5", and that's what they seem to be....I was hoping they would be bigger cause most of swf's stuff usually is....
Shark...the ric looks good, when it open all the way it will be a little bigger, but it will grow too

meowzer

cranberry what is UM...I have some stuff that says 1-2UM, and 10-15 Um
The Marine Snow says it contains particles from .2 - 150 microns

cranberry

I honestly wouldn't use Marine Snow. It's nutritional value doesn't seem to be much of anything.
Clams are very hard to keep when they are that small. 3" is the min we buy them at. Their survival rate jumps tremendously after 3".

cranberry

Live stuff if you can get a hold of it. It's also easy to culture at home. There is frozen preparations that I would go with before that stuff.

sharkbait09

hello,
witch one would u reccomend???
Liquid Life BioPlankton
Liquid Life MarinePlankton
Liquid Life Coral Plankton
San Francisco Bay Brand Frozen Reef Plankton
thankyou!!!!!!!!

meowzer

I don't have any of them, but after reading the information on them, I would guess (GUESS LOL) the liquid life marine plankton......I am sure someone who knows about this stuff will say more though
call your lfs in the morning and ask them what they carry too

meowzer

Originally Posted by sharkbait09
http:///forum/post/3105413
do u think it will be ok to just target feed because i dont hv any small rock to put him on??????
thanx!!!!!!!
You don't have to put it on a small rock if you do the 2 litre bottle thing I told you to look at....you just place it over the clam......I have not even made one yet, but the pic is in my clam thread...very good pictures, and very detailed too
IFFFFF you have to target feed, Spanko told me to be sure you do not have a lot of flow at that time, and put the food so it will go over the clam