My new clown is hosting!!!

dbennett78

As soon as I added my new gold striped maroon clownfish this afternoon he headed straight for the anemone I have and hasn't left it since. I guess I am lucky. Could someone identify the anemone I have? It said it was long tenticle in the store just want to confirm it.

debnflo

Don't know what kind of anemone that is but those are WAY cool pics!! Yay on the hosting! :jumping:

beth

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of lighting do you have in the tank? It does look like a bubbletip.

overanalyzer

Originally posted by jdogg2432
Your anenome looks almost like a sebae.

I agree - a very bleached out sebae anemone

razoreqx

Originally posted by overanalyzer
I agree - a very bleached out sebae anemone

You might want to inform him of where your questions are going here. The fact that you have only PC lighting and are housing a delicate anemone which appears to already be suffering from lack of lighting (hense the bleached out look).
You might want to research on MH lighting for the long term well being of your anemone..

dbennett78

The anemone is not white at all it is green (not bleached?). And the tips when the other bulb is on bulge a little leading me to think that it is a bubble tip.

razoreqx

BTW.. how rude of me! Grats on the hosting..
I know it was really exciting for me trying to get my maroon clown, to host, when I introduced him to the tank.. But was I ever crushed when he hosted the top of my 802 Power head!!!!

viper_930

You can kind'a see some bubble tips on it. A sabae anemone, from what I have seen, has much more tentacles and are packed much closer together.