My New Fish!

reefmate75

sorry guys i know i know we've all seen this fish
but i have wanted one for a long time and i got him in today from SWF.com and he looks GREAT, well untill B.J. (my 7" yellow tang) seen him, but hes leaveing him alone now and hes starting to come out and explore a bit already in the first day!
and something for the tang police to call me out on hahaha
and no SWF if my yellow tang decides to start messing with him and stresses him out and he dies im not going to try to get my money back...BUT I DO WANT THE OTHER NEON GOBY I ORDERED sniff sniff, they will only give me credit =(
ok some pics of the little POWDER BLUE

reefmate75

as you can see that yellow tang is a hoss, and hes MEAN his name is B.J> for BIG. JERK!!
heres a pic of one of the 2 neon gobys i WAS SUPPOST TO GET 2 but they only sent 1
i wanted 3 total as i already have 1, i didnt relize how small these guys are compaired to my 2 year old one, i didnt think he had grown at all and i had bought him at the LFS and he was the smallest one they had
anyways more pics
second pic is for the tang police

3rd is for the clown police

reefmate75

Originally Posted by NEreef
http:///forum/post/2513998
nice pics. the yt looks very healthy.
yeah hes awsome looking, but hes a bully hahaha MEAN at first, he was the same way when i put the sailfin tang in with him, but when i put the powder blue in all the tangs where freaking out, i had never seen the yellow eye cole tang get into it with any of my tangs till i put that one in and he went nuttz, not after the powder blue but after the blue hippo

reefmate75

you guys think i could SQUEEZE a lipstick naso in the mix????
i think my tank is slightly overstocked as is, but i like nasos alot
tank mates
8 blue chromis
2 GSmaroon clowns
2 royal gramms
2 neon gobys
1 blackcap basslet
1 sailfin tang
1 blue hippo
1 yellow tang
1 yellow eyed cole tang
1 powder blue tang
1 yellow watchmen goby
1 Eibli angel
1 F.percula clown
1 fire shrimp
2 cleaner shrimp
1 coral banded shrimp
3 emrald crabs
5 pepperment shrimp
and about 140 hermmits
and probly 8 snails hahaha
my tank is 6'X18"X25" tall

N

nereef

i wouldn't add another tang to the mix, probably. we could tell you for sure with a full-tank pic.

crimzy

This is pretty funny... 23 fish with 5 tangs (one of which you claim to be 7" but it doesn't look that big to me). And you want to add a naso??? Are you just trying to start some controversy or what?

ci11337

I wouldn't add any more fish and consider yourself lucky that everything has worked out for you so far.

reefmate75

i really hate doing full tank shots as i have to stand back so far and nothing looks right to me, but later i guess i can snap a few and post one

reefmate75

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/2516244
This is pretty funny... 23 fish with 5 tangs (one of which you claim to be 7" but it doesn't look that big to me). And you want to add a naso??? Are you just trying to start some controversy or what?
maybe haha
i dont think ill ever get the nerve to add another tang to the mix, becuase of the tangs i had befor the powder blue is the reason i never got one, i asked my fellow reefer buddy and he said it should probly work, and saif if anyof them have a problem with it, its going to be the yellow tangbut i said to heck with it and got one and they are getting along fine right now, my friend says when the PBT gets used to the tank and grows alittle he will over take the tank as the HOSS and not the yellow tang, but he also said a naso would also work in the mix but i would have to add him soon or the powder blue would kill him if he gets astablished befor i add him
i think i will just forget adding another tang...maybe in 20 years when the kids are grown and out of the house (i hope haha) and turn one of their rooms into a 800 gallon reef i will get one haha, maybe a valmingi naso...them are AWSOME, but they get to big for my little ol 135,... 24" long after only 6 years

i have a hippo tang yellow tang and a purple tang. a few weeks ago i got a naso. the yellow and purple tang gave him a fit and i was almost sure he was'nt going to make it so i changed some of the rock around cut out all the lights for the night now they do fine but no more tangs fore me im fully stocked.

reefmate75

i can post 2 halfs tomorrow will that work??? but tomorrow i will be tearing it down
im seeing a out break of ick on the powder blue and my blue hippo, so i need to get them all out and the only way is to remove all the rocks and things for them to hid in and HYPO treat them all, the fun im going to have BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
i could post a full tank shot but you wouldnt be able to see anything as im so far away from the tank to get the hole tank in the picture