My new fish

I brought a B&W Clownfish, Sailfin and purple yellow eye tangs today, I need a lot of luck the way I take care of fish, hopeful it works this time. So far the Sailfin Tang want to in charge of the tank, she get it, the purple don't care about it. It looks like going to work, since both too busy to nig on the rocks, even side by side. The B&W Clownfish like her new tank mates, two Maroon Clownfish.

Any suggestion that I need to keep my eye on them.

jay0705

Size doesn't matter, the fact u have 2 maroons is unique. Usually there not friendly w eachother either lol

Both tangs are one inch bigger than the maroon fish, right now the clowns as a group and two tangs as a group, the Tang are swim the back of the rocks, three clowns on the bottom of left corner.

trigger40

i always qt new fish. it stops me from adding fish too fast and it assures a healthy fish is being added to my tank. i used to lose fish befor i used my qt for new fish but now all fish that i qt not only don't die, they thrive.

Mauler,

I remember you told me that you have over 10000 GPH for the power head, but I only have 3300 GPH, it seems to me the fish have hard time to swimming around to the top, how do you setup your?

mauler

I did see a little of bad side, the sailfin always in attacking moth, and she is not relaxing after two hours.
The best way I've found for mixing tangs is keep the tank completely dark for the first 1-2 days except when feeding. Then slowly start working your back up to your normal light schedule.

The best way I've found for mixing tangs is keep the tank completely dark for the first 1-2 days except when feeding. Then slowly start working your back up to your normal light schedule.
Thanks, the sailfin is more relax now after the she ate, all three of them are so hungry that I have to feed them second times. Both tangs are swimming together side by side. Everytime the purple tang swim away the Sailfin is following her. My thinking is my power head maybe too strong.

mauler

I don't think your powerhead would bother them. I'll see my tangs swimming straight at my powerheads sometimes