My new fuge is done pics what do you think?

mojo46825

Well i finished my fuge about two days ago. Was letting the Silicone dry. Here are a few pics of it test running to see how it works. Ihave to install the inlet yet. Wasnt sure if i should put a small bioball chamber by the skimmer or just do a pvc drop or maybe a sock filter. What do you all think. I am looking for comments here. My tank and stand come in tomorrow. I have a light that will sit on the fuge area.
Pump is Quite one 4000
Octo nw 110 skimmer
65 gall with built in overflow
current 2x 150 mh fixture
vis therm 250 heater.

gnorman

try and get a sock filter...
they get dirty fast but it just goes to show the stuff they get out.

mojo46825

Ok i have one and i have the parts to add a small bio ball or rubble chamber. with a small prefilter. Wasnt sure if i should add that when i put the intake assembly on. Thanks

dapak83

lol this post just answered most of my questions... i love it!!!
i will be biting off this idea and designing my 10 gal fuge by this model!!
and ofcourse bother you with you a hundred questions about making this possible!

mojo46825

Yea I looked at all the post i could find. The only thing i would probably do different is the first set of baffles i would put alittle closer together. Like the second set. i could of gotten another two inches in my fuge.
. the first ones are two inches apart where the second ones are one inch apart. I showed this to the LFS and they said what about the bioballs. So it had me second guessing myself all the time. I even bought some and made the parts to make a small wet dry in the corner of the skimmer chamber. I do have a piece that goes on the corner for the inlet. I also have a filter sock. I am still up in the air what to do here. Use the balls and a little filter media on top. or go with the sock.
. So far the vote is sock. I will be ordering my live sand and live rock tomorrow. I am going to order from SWF everyone says its good so why not give it a shot. The prices are pretty good too. I think i am going to get 50lbs of lve rock. Already have 25 from my nano that will be going in. and 40 lbs of live sand. I will start with that. I have done all this from learning from this websote. So ask away. I have spent many of nights reading and searching.
My tank is in and i get it tomorrow. Woot Woot.

mojo46825

Another thing My baffles are 11.75 wide and three are 6 inches high the ones coming down are 9 inches and the little one is 4. Make sure when the glass gets cut its really close to the 11.75 anything less and you a have to make sure you put in extra silicone. I used 100% silicone from walmart or lowes. Make sure its not the mildew resistant kind. glass was about $8 silicone was about $4. Hope this helps. I ran it today while i was at work and no issues. Everything runs as it should. Just kinda a test run before the tank came in.

dapak83

i cant c in the picture.. u have the skimmer in the first part ..... so the skimmer is going to be suking in the water from the fuge or from the DT?... cuz the water exiting from the skimmer doesnt have a seprate section....or the skimmer is going to sit out side of the fuge... just a little confused

mojo46825

the water will be going in the chamber with the skimmer I will add some live rock rubble in here as well probably. Then the water goes through the sponge then the fuge and then pumped back to the tank. I just ordered some live sand and chaeto for the fuge. I have a light that will sit on top over fuge it fits perfectly. Does this help?
The inlet will probably have a filter sock on it will tank some more pics when totally done.

larryndana

Originally Posted by renogaw
looks good :) seems somewhat familiar

strangely familiar, huh. lol. :notsure:
I'll be using some of your techniques to renogaw.

mojo46825

No, You cant see it in the pics but the pump for the skimmer is actually attatched to the skimmer. The skimmer is on. I just had fresh water in there for the trial run.