My New Fuzzy Dwarf

chandler04

I was aiming on getting a puffer today, but saw the coolest fuzzt dwarf lion that I couldn't resist. He is settling in, hiding in a corner for now. He is a 30 gallon (at least I think it is 30 gallons) with just a cinnamon clown. He is SOOO cool, blue sparkly eyes, his spines on his back roll back and forth, kinda like a wave. It's gonna be a project getting him on frozen foods, but Im up to the challenge. Im thinking, start with guppies (which he eats) then slowly mix in silversides wen he is going after the guppies. Will post a pic wen he comes outta hiding!!:D

chandler04

Lions...lol, sorry, i kinda laughed a little. Im sorry about the ich, but im willing to put money down that yer blue tang caused it. Turn yer 40 for now into one big qt, lol. Also, bring the anemone and inverts back to the lfs, cuz anemones dont like medicine.

chandler04

Hre he is, this little guys name is timmy. HEHE. Its actually a bad pic cuz its a bad angle, but he is actually smaller than the average thumb. Wat I like is that his spines roll back and forth, its cool to watch.

chandler04

Pics today. He has awesome blue eyes. I noticed last night that he was attacking his relfection, lol. Not attacking, but flapping his fins and opening his mouth (which is very big). He also "walks", literally, on his fins. He folds up half of his pectoral fins, and just walks on em, its really neat.

moraym

dwarf lions are my favorite species, I have kept almost every type. They are perfect for smaller tanks and are pretty easy to keep with a couple tankmates. Only problem is the popeye and infections, so keep a sharp eye on the tank parameters.
Your plan to wean off live food may work, to mix frozen in with live. But oftentimes i have had them eat live and ignore the frozen when both foods are in the tank simultaneously. Another option to try should your first not work is to feed guppies for a week, feed absolutely nothing for a week, and then attempt thawed silversides again. This has worked for all of my dwarf lions. They get so used to the feeding regimen that they'll ingest anything I put in the tank, including medicine, which is hastily spit back out. Enjoy the species.

moraym

Here's a shot of my first dwarf waiting for his lunch to come out of a small hole. This was before I weaned him onto krill and silversides.

moraym

and speaking of feeding regimen, he won't even wait to attack food. he nailed this krill as soon as it hit the surface: