My new Nano tank... shhhhhhhh

nwdyr

Well here is my new "nano tank" hehehe. It took me about 5hrs to combine the 40 & 75 ( remember I have one bad leg) It was more work then I thought , big surprise huh?
I ma using the same light from the 40 breeder , just have to fig out how to hang it from the ceiling. It is 36in wide and the 75 of course is 48in wide. I think it still gives enough light. The filter for now is the HOB wet/dry from the 40 and a A/C 70 for running the carbon. I also have a Mag 350 any thoughts on running that also? pro's...con's???
2 100w heaters , and 2 korilla power heads. I may add a third one soon. i have allot of extra power heads , but I am not done arranging the corals yet so I want to see where I need the flow.
I did add allot of old "dead" coral that I have had for years , easy to see in the pic's , very WHITE in color. I hope it will color up soon and turn into LR again. Tell me what you think and please feel free to give advice on coral placement. Like I said i just kinda tossed everything in so I am sure I will re-scape like 100x
enjoy the pic's and post away Blazin!!!!!!

new tank b4

getting ready for the move!!

the move is under way

nwdyr

Most of the coral's are open and the fish seem to have taken the move well. Now i need to find some money to fill this bad boy up!!!!

patrick8929

thats pretty sweet with the dead coral holding the zoas and other corals up like that. very nice work!!!!!!!

nwdyr

thanks guys , good to see some new faces
Yea , so far so good. I think the fish are fine , I am still keeping my fingers crossed for a few of the coral's. My thought is the zoa's over time , I know it will be a long time , will grow over the dead coral and bring it back

rebelprettyboy

Man this already looks good for day 1! Geez. I like it a lot. and love the zoas on that piece of dead coral.
I like it already NWYDR

nwdyr

thanks for stopin by my new thread guy's!!! hmmmm wonder where that other guy is....hmmmmm
you know him..mister nobody comments on my pic's fast enough guy........

nwdyr

thanks Coral! No i think maybe you are seeing a button polyp that has not opened yet
. Everybody tell me their secret on keeping the sand white.
I am sure I lost allot of my snails in the move , what do you guy's use ? I like WHITE sand , but in my last tank i noticed it was getting dirty. I really don't want any sand sifter fish. Tried that and they kick up to much sand , always looks like a sand storm.
Open for suggestions

nwdyr

ooookkkkkkkk what kinda fish is that??? is he the reason the sand is white??? come on give me the 411

rebelprettyboy

Whenever blazin stops by he will say :"I got the whitest sand in the world thanks to my fight conch!" lol
I like a lot of nass snials.. Id have like 40 at least in ur 75 lol

coral keeper

lol That's a Yellow Coris Wrasse and no, he doesn't keep my sand clean. He just sleeps in the sand when the lights go out. My secret is my pet named Earl, my Fighting Conch.
Here are a few pictures of Earl.

subielover

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2795875
Whenever blazin stops by he will say :"I got the whitest sand in the world thanks to my fight conch!" lol

+1

Like rebel said nassarius are the best snails for the sand, IMO. I also like cerith as they really burrow in and keep it stirred as well. You could always get a sand sifting goby too, but they tend to throw sand all over your corals and I am sure that would get annoying.
Nwdyr-Your tank looks awesome bro! Can't believe it has been set-up for a day, it looks fantastic
Did I miss it, where are your beautiful frogspawns at? Anyway keep up the great work and keep the pics coming
Glad to have you back with a new thread. We can all learn a lot from you

blazin2k6

See EVEN CORAL KEEPER said he keeps his sand so white because of his Fighting Conch. Kinda funny how me and him both have emaculate looking WHITE SAND. And we both have Fighting Conchs in our tanks. I have 3 nassarius snails each and only time i see them is when i feed the tank. They never stir the sand up or anything and my freaking crabs are always in the rocks. Only thing thats always on the sand is the fighting conch :) OH AND NWDYR YOUR NEW NANO LOOKS AMAZING. All though looking at these pics makes me think its a 75 gallon tank but hey i could be mistaken and all. And that dead coral you have had for years i bet is just some dead coral that died recently cause you didnt get it sold. HAHAHAHA. I have my sun coral that was healthy as heck and now its almost COMPLETELY WHITE. within a matter of 1 week or 2. I dunno what happen to it though because i mean it used to eat allllll the time like everyday and then it just started dying on me and wouldnt open its mouths.