My New Powder Brown Is About To Kick The Bucket...Help

stubbbs

Rec'd a powder brown and yellow tang 11 days ago. acclimated him w a 3 hr drip. placed in a QT tank. they were eating and doing fine. I came home from work and he's on his back and gills are maroon red. can't get pics since the camera is at work. He doesnt appear to have any other outward signs. Any ideas? I separated the yellow and he looks ok. What should I do about the powder and what can I do to prevent whatever it was from infecting the yellow? I really hate these tangs...I have had no luck with them!

spiderwoman

Have you tested what your water params are? That is sounding like the gills are *burned* by high ammonia levels.

spiderwoman

Have you tested what your water params are? That is sounding like the gills are *burned* by high ammonia/nitrite levels.

stubbbs

all parameters were normal except nitrate level of <15. I did a water change but probably too late...any ideas to maybe save him...poor guy!

Originally Posted by stubbbs
http:///forum/post/2483681
all parameters were normal except nitrate level of <15. I did a water change but probably too late...any ideas to maybe save him...poor guy!
check your ammonia, how long has your tank been set up? And powder tangs arent too hardy anyway