My New Website - Please Take A Look

reef fool

I have been messing around with a new website for my tank and I would love for anyone interested to check it out and let me know what you think about it. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
Please keep in mind that I have only put a couple of hours into it and it is nowhere near done. I just want to correct things before I get too far!
My questions are:
How are the pictures? Should they be smaller or larger?
How about the type? Too Small?
Are the links working for you?
How are the backgrounds?
Thanks,
Frank www.Franksreef.com

jumpfrog

Frank, beautiful tank and great pictures. The site looks good. If there is a criticizm (constructive) your pictures take a long time to load. I'm on a T-1 line. May make the initial pictures a bit smaller and link them to larger pics on a separate page to allow folks to move about faster.
Great job and keep us up to date!

reef fool

Originally posted by jumpfrog
Frank, beautiful tank and great pictures. The site looks good. If there is a criticizm (constructive) your pictures take a long time to load. I'm on a T-1 line. May make the initial pictures a bit smaller and link them to larger pics on a separate page to allow folks to move about faster.
Great job and keep us up to date!

Good Point! thanks Jumpfrog. I guess I am spoiled with a cable modem. They load up instantly for me. Will try to fix it later.
Are the backgrounds taking a long time to load also?

blueberryboomer

Very Nice!
Yes, the backgrounds are loading a little slow also.
Keep up the great job, your tank and pics look great! Lisa

Originally posted by reef fool
Good Point! thanks Jumpfrog. I guess I am spoiled with a cablemodem.
I know what you mean by being spoiled with the cablemodem, but I am also experiencing slow loading on the pictures. Thumbnailing them sounds like a good solution. Other than that, everything looks great:eek: Can't wait to see what it looks like when your done.:)

reef fool

Originally posted by RabiasJewell
I know what you mean by being spoiled with the cablemodem, but I am also experiencing slow loading on the pictures. Thumbnailing them sounds like a good solution. Other than that, everything looks great:eek: Can't wait to see what it looks like when your done.:)

By a Cable Modem, I mean my internet access. The pictures load almost instantly for me. That is why I asked others like yourselves to check it out, to see how it works with slower connections. Thanks, that is what I was worried about.
Take anther look to see if they are any better, I significantly shrunk the pictures and linked them to the larger ones. Still not quite the size of the thumbnail pics of yours Kipass4130, but that will be my next option.
Thanks for your time and input,
Frank

jumpfrog

Frank.
Now you're cookin'! Looks great and loads quickly. Can't wait to see corals page. I know it's a lot of work getting these things going. My site is in terrible disrepair.
BTW, a T-1 line is about as fast as it gets. That's why I made the suggestion. The folks out there using 53k modems could really be poking along.
Again, great job and we forward to updates.

coralwolf

Tank and stand look great nice site!
What to you have for support in the stand it doesn't look like it would hold the tank?

reef fool

Originally posted by coralwolf
Tank and stand look great nice site!
What to you have for support in the stand it doesn't look like it would hold the tank?

If it doesn't hold the tank, I'm going to sue All Glass! The tank is a Perfecto, but I have a Modern Oak series(by All Glass) stand and canopy. I'm relying on them for that one! Thanks for the concern.
Thanks for the help and comments everyone. I greatly appreciate it!
Frank

nm reef

Very well put together site Frank...and a very sweet system you've got also! I'm on a slow modem and everything loads fine here.
I like the lay out of your site. I learned how to write some basic code and built mine from scratch...check it out. I need to learn how to do a few things but for a old man I think I did pretty well...considering when I started developing my site I knew absolutely zero about website design.
I am currently getting several new pictures ready that are more current and I'm trying to teach myself how to create seperate pages ... for now the site development is on hold until I figure out all this technical stuff...my feeble brain can only handle so much at a time!:cool:

reef fool

I've been working on the site some more and I believe I have this thing working good so far. I linked all of my site photos to larger images on my webshots site. Let me know how that works out for you all.
Hey NMREEF,
do you have any idea how to link mov. files to a site. Possibly converting them to avi.? I have some real cool clips of a bristleworm in a trap and my sally lightfoot's antics that I wouls love to share.
Thanks for all of your input and help,
Frank

reef fool

Thanks to all that have taken the time to look at my site and especially the ones who have helped.
I have added to it and am still looking for any criticism - good or bad - to help.
Thanks Again