my new wrasse

murph145

my new wrasse
got this orange back wrasse today hes already out and swimming around my mystery and leopard wrasses dont even bother with him ....
i also got a small unicorn tang today but hes hidding behind a rock so i didnt snap a pic

K

kat74

Absolutely gorgeous and what a wonderful addition to your already awe-inspiring tank!~

j.p

do you QT ur fish?
and that is an amazing wrase (sp?) and hopefully that unicorn tang comes out cause i would love do see what he llooks like

murph145

thanks guys... the wrasse and unicorn tang are already eating mysis i just feed the tank and they are chasing the food around especially the wrasse.... ill try to snap a pic of the unicron tang its only like 4" long or so so it doesnt have its unicorn developed yet it has a small bumb on its head but i just wanted a small one since they get so big
** i dont QT but i probably should its just a chance i take since i dont have another tank setup

anonome

That is a beautiful wrasse. How common are they? Don't seem to get any of them around here. You always seem to get the not so common fish murph.

murph145

Originally Posted by Anonome
That is a beautiful wrasse. How common are they? Don't seem to get any of them around here. You always seem to get the not so common fish murph.

i get them cuz i go to the wholesalers directly and thats where they have these bad boys lol.... the wierd thing is fish are harder for me to keep long term over acros lol.... go figure.... i got this guy for $14.95 they retail for around $80-90

anonome

That is the advantage of living on the west coast. Not too many gorgeous fish come out of the atlantic. Job well done. Good luck with it.

murph145

thanks yeah i got lucky i live close to all the wholesalers its good pickins and everything is usually very healthy since its there first stop since being collected.
heres my new unicorn tang... he wont come all the way out right now but heres a shot of him

detguy313

i love the orange back fairys...i have kept one before but it was a juv..you don't see them too often but i have been seeing more of them lately there is a lfs by me that sells them for $35..i am looking into getting one again...that is a very pretty one that you have and are very cool when they display!!!!

tropills

Originally Posted by saltn00b
pretty wrasse! how much if you dont mind?
14.95 it's in a earlier post, look up

puffer32

Oh I like
How is the new unicorn doing? Are your other tangs bothering him at all? Don't you have a powder blue?

murph145

Originally Posted by puffer32
Oh I like
How is the new unicorn doing? Are your other tangs bothering him at all? Don't you have a powder blue?

powder blue passed a while back he ate but just got skinnier and skinnier... my sailfin and my yellow tang dont bother him much... hes already eating so thats a plus

reefmate75

Originally Posted by murph145
i get them cuz i go to the wholesalers directly and thats where they have these bad boys lol.... the wierd thing is fish are harder for me to keep long term over acros lol.... go figure.... i got this guy for $14.95 they retail for around $80-90
sounds about right....store pays 15 customer pays 90...i mean just from a fish breeders point of veiw...you get 10-25% what the fish is going to sell for to a wholeseller
i love that wrasses, and them blue zoos with the black skirts, what are them called?