My New Zoos

nm reef

Very nice!!!!!
You'll be gettin' lots of requests to frag them in no time.........did you purchase them locally or on-line?

chazz66

Too much! Almost $100, but it is a beautiful show size piece that I will be fragging this summer

N

n_sarno

wow beyond the reef had those?
I havent seen them have colonies of zoas in a long time.. let alone nice ones like those! I'll have to check it out!
PS i'd love to get some of your all orange zoas.. email me N_Sarno@sbcglobal.net

mrdc

Very nice! My LFS store got some of the orange colored ones like yours and I have been debating whether to get some. I like the reddish ones in the middle on the first pic and on the far right in second pic. Are those eagle eyes?

halo_frk03

Originally Posted by chazz66
I was actually in Chicago for work and stopped at an excellent place called Beyond The Reef!
hey beyond the reef is by me.... i didnt have to good of an experience with them...

N

n_sarno

Halo.. what happened?
I had a couple of questionable experiences w/ them.

chazz66

I have been to many LFS around the midwest and Beyond The Reef had an excellent selection of corals and fish,their tanks were spotless and the guys in the store,especially Chris, were very helpful and knowledgeable. Their prices were also very reasonable compared to what I see online or at other LFS. I will be back there again.

halo_frk03

Originally Posted by N_Sarno
Halo.. what happened?
I had a couple of questionable experiences w/ them.
well i got a cleaner shrimp from them --- $$40!!!!!!!! and some turbos , astreas, and some nassarius..... everything died within 3 days excpet for the nassarius.... i havent been back there since... i might stop back there

celacanthr

Originally Posted by chazz66
Heres a non-actinic of the reds and also a pic of some blues I bought from a big auction site

Wow, even w/out the actinics they are awesome!

kzoo

I would love to get some but kind of scared. :scared: Are they very hard to take care of I have some mushrooms now and they seem to be doing well. How much lighting? Yours look great!!!

chazz66

Zoas are very hardy and do well under PC lighting. I have mine under 260 watts dual daylight and dual actinic.