My Ocellaris and Percula have mated

spiderwoman

I wasn't sure if they would ever mate, but I have a Ocellaris female who is over 6yrs old and a Percula male who is around 1.5yrs old now. I moved them from a 75g reef to our 150g reef tank a month or so ago and gave them an RBTA. First of all they show no interest in the anemone, but the female has been beating the heck out of a huge frogspawn I have in the corner of the tank.
Well I just went downstairs to check on the tank and there are brand new eggs in the left front corner of the tank (on glass) and the female is laying more as we speak. The male is doing his share and flutters on the eggs and pokes them with his mouth. I will try to get pictures of the eggs

I guess I can now say that I have a mated *odd* pair of clownfish

mboswell1982

i have no clue personally, but, id suggest trying to get bang guy or some of the other guys who have mated em successfully to chime in on this, they'll know better than any of us IMO :p

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2843825
I honestly don't know. How difficult is that?
im still waiting on my to breed to find out. But ive read the book Clwonfishes by Wilkerson ad it seems the most difficult part is gettin started and learning how to take care of everything.
Seems lke after the 1st 4-5 batches ull have it down pact and be able to take care of them and rasies them

mboswell1982

i just know rebel's gonna send me a pair of em once he gets em raised up, along with some frags as well, aint that right reb? :p

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by mboswell1982
http:///forum/post/2843843
i just know rebel's gonna send me a pair of em once he gets em raised up, along with some frags as well, aint that right reb? :p
Most def! Soon as my clownfish breed. If they ever do! And u check out my diary in the nano section and remind me bout this deal I send u a frag of anything! But the clownfish gotta breed first!

mboswell1982

dude, ive stayed on top of your diary since i joined the forums :p your nano is friggin sweet, ive finally got the gf talked into letting me do a nano for now, since we're not doin our big tanks til next summerwhen we get our own place, now i just gotta find a nano, without a stand, cause with our dogs, the stand is just tooooo flimsy, and ill have her dad build us a very sturdy, big stand that the dogs tail wont make wobble LOL
do u know anywhere u can buy a nano, sans stand, for a decent price? or should i maybe look at getting like a 20 long and setting it up as a nano witha HOB filter/skimmer and what not?

spiderwoman

I've got that book. I've tried to find information on whether or not fry from true and false pair will be sterile.

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2843855
I've got that book. I've tried to find information on whether or not fry from true and false pair will be sterile.
I dont believe itd be a problem. but I could be wrong. hopefully bang guy or some others who breed them will chime in

quakstar

Well you know who to ask... That lady you recommended for clowns knows tons about the crossing of them!!! Just ask her...
but from my knowledge i don't think they should be sterile