My once a month many pic thread, beware!

rwhite

Well, I usually take a full set of pics of our tank once a month mostly for comparison/growth of our little system and try to share with everyone. Hope I dont bore everyone, its our first reef with a lot of common stuff. Hope ya'll enjoy as much as we do. A full tank shot first, then the rest will basically go L->R/Top->bottom.

rwhite

The original BTA. Caught him in the middle of contracting, timing can be everything. Its usually a lot bigger, long tentacles and a clown inside.

rwhite

A pair of rics that are almost completely separated, just a thin string holding them together. Just below/left of the zoos.

wocka

hm my ricordea in the middle is sticking up like that. i wonder if hes splitting. i can see another mouth yet

rwhite

A clone from the org. BTA, split one Sunday morning. It moved to the right at about the same height in the tank. Only a short walk and has been in the same place ever since. Its smaller than the org., but as you can see the clown believes size doesnt matter.

rwhite

Below that is our patch of xenia, its already spreading after about 2 months. I hope it doesnt overtake the zoos.

rwhite

Magic Carp, what month would you like to see or a particular coral growth?
wocka, I think some rics just do that as you will see in another pic.

rwhite

Below the zenia is the leather. Unfortunately, in this pic the polyps are mostly closed. Sometimes it does that when I scrape the glass, which I did for the pics. Other times its not bothered at all.

rwhite

Almost in the middle/about mid-height is our GSP patch. Its not spreading as rapidly as I thought it would, but thats okay. I've fragged it a couple times, only one success. Trying to make my own multi-rock.

rwhite

And just below that, another new addition (my favorite) an orange/purple ric. This is what I was talking about, wocka.

rwhite

On the bottom/middle. Our cool purple/blue shrooms. Our other first coral, these and the buttons were purchased at the same time a bit more than a year ago. Wish I had pics from then, we didnt have a digital cam at the time.

rwhite

Just to the right of the buttons, a small zoo rock. Not very exciting, but for $5 I couldnt pass it up. These, the leather and bubble (coming up next) all were brought back from Colorado Springs in April. A ***** there had a small coral tank, but had to dismantle it so I helped them out at some good prices on the 3.

rwhite

And the bubble, a bit higher and to the right of the buttons/zoos. This one was looking awesome yesterday, very happy with the decision. I was afraid it would be more difficult to care for than our other corals at the time, but has turned out to be a great, easy to care for addition.

rwhite

To the right of the bubble is my first frag attempt ever. I just hate cutting and all the stuff that goes with it, but this one was easy I was able to peel a few of them off and transplant them to another rock. Several other frags have been made from the large colony.

rwhite

All the way to the right/mid is another new resident. Believe its a Favite, correct me if I'm wrong. Reminds me a lot of a brain, so far so good. I had it near the bubble at first and I think it got stung. Theres a small area of skeleton showing. Been keeping an eye on it, no change as of yet.