My peppermint shrimp ate my hammer coral!!!

aggies50

Ok I know a bunch of yall are gonna say "peppermint shrimp dont eat corals" well thats what I thought. Until today....
I just set up a 29 gallon nano thats been up for about 2 months. On one of the rocks I had some aiptasia. So I got two peppermint shrimp hoping they would eat them. Well sure enough they did. However this morning I woke up and noticed my hammer coral frag that my friend gave me is gone. The skeleton is still there, however the hole where the coral was sticking out of is now empty! No coral! All my permitters are normal and every other coral is doing great including my acros! I originally thought peppermint shrimp were reef safe however after this happened I looked it up online. In other forums I found a few people saying that they have seen their peppermint shrimp eating their mushrooms and one of them said they even saw their peppermints eating his hammer coral. I have renegade shrimp!!!! Ahhhh!!!! Have any of yall had this problem, or maybe know something that I dont?