My Phishy Plumbing problem...

footbag

I got a call from home while I was away this weekend. My tank was leaking. Oh crap!!! Well, it was about the worst possible time as I had just driven 450 miles to the northmost point of Vermont to see the Pharewell Phish concert. I was stuck in the mud and parked behind 50,000 cars.
I think that a crab must have gotten into the U-tube because my refugium began to overflow. I had my father shut off the refugium feed pump and place a powherhead into the fuge. I expect the temp will be around 85 and all of the pods will be killed by the PH. I am going to texas tommorrow until sunday. I don't want to hook the refugium back up until I have a lot of time to watch it.(when I get back) Will the refugium be fine with the PH and light only? There will be no heater. My refugium contains caulerpa which I will harvest tonight and a few snails. Will this be a shock to my system? 15g refugium on 90g tank? I noticed my skimmer is working overtime.

dburr

What temp is the room? Pods will live in upper 60's maybe mid 60's. So should the plants. Snails not sure, but I can't see why not. If your room temp is in the 70's or 80's don't woory about it.

footbag

OK, The refugium is staying at 83 degrees with the light, which stays on all of the time.
This will be a good opportunity for me to re-plumb the sytem so I can fit my new Euroreef into the sump. Its been sitting in my basement for a month.