My sailfin tangs eye

Well i just went to feed my fish and i saw that my sailfin tangs left or right eye whatever one is starting to turn white, yes white !!! What can this be

michaeltx

it could be the start of popeye or a fungal infection. I am going to move this over to the disease and treatment area. also check out beths sticky on different disease to try to ID it.
when posting remember to add you tank parameters, time tank setup, other inhabitants and any other info that you can so someone can answer a little quicker without asking all those questions.
Mike

Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Ammonia 0
55 Gallon Long Aquarium
2 Firefish Gobys
1 Bar Goby
1 Bi-Color Blenny
1 Sailfin Tang
2 Peppermint Shrimp
13 Turbos
4 Hermits
But I noticed on the first day of introducing the tang in the tank that my peppermints were trying to grab him or clean him of something im not sure, it was kind of odd cause they have never did that with the other inhabitants.

If one of my peppermints kind of pick at his eye can that start popeye for any reason ? And I placee the fish in my tank on Tuesday how long does it take for the effects of Pop Eye to appear ?

Well I just got him from my LFS on Tuesday were I got my other fish from and never had prblems with. I feed him formula 2 pellet food and new life spectrum and some mysis every once in awile. I was thinking of buying so frozen veggie food for him and my blennie or some algae sheets.

sepulatian

It was probably scratched on the net at the LFS. Add some vitamins to his food. They will all benefit from frozen formula foods.

ALRIGHT thank god its my first tang and I want to it to be with me like all the way. Im planning on doing a 10% water change and buy some food

sepulatian

Sounds good , pick up some Zoecon or Selcon while you are out. You sound like you really want this guy to do well. Are you planning on getting a larger tank? I feel that I should mention here that he will grow far too large for your tank. I am not trying to flame you, I just want to be certain that you are aware.

Yes dont worry right when I got him I got a 120 gallon ready for him. Its my moms but she felt bad for me so she gave me the tank. Those chemicals you mentioned can I put them in my existing tank cause I dont have a QT, I know stupid of me but im going to set one up soon though.
THANK YOU

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Aquatica-Tech
http:///forum/post/2550203
Yes dont worry right when I got him I got a 120 gallon ready for him. Its my moms but she felt bad for me so she gave me the tank. Those chemicals you mentioned can I put them in my existing tank cause I dont have a QT, I know stupid of me but im going to set one up soon though.
THANK YOU
They are vitamins. Soak it into one meaty meal per day.