My Seahorses

condork12

if your thinking ive seen more beautiful seahorses before these are still young and there colors have not developed fully but the males orange color is starting to come.

condork12

they havent bred yet but are courting so theyre coming soon. I am looking to breed them and sell as fry or raise them which if i am going to raise them will be very hard and take alot of trial and error.

condork12

they are in a 15 high and are really not incredibly hard to keep. i just need to keep good water quality and feed them 2 times a day (frozen mysis). the key is to get them tank raised. getting wild caught is an entire different story because they will not eat frozen foods. Wild caught you have to feed them live foods that is if they eat period and they are more prone to disease. people alwys talk like its impossible but it really is not that is if they are tank raised. so dont i wouldnt be to afraid to get one
goto these places to buy or for more info
www.seahorseoasis.com
www.marinedepotlive.com
www.seahorse.org
www.seahorses.de
www.oceanrider.com
www.syngnathid.com

moray345

Can you post a full tank shot
and can you give all the details of the tank like do you need a Protein Skimmer ,Filter, live rock,lighting???????

condork12

Moray345
i dont have a full tank shot right now but keep in touch with me or look on this thread in the near fture and i will. I have about 20lbs live rock in the show tank(15 gal) and an overflow sytsem that leads to a custom 10 gallon refugium that has live rock/sand and mangroves and lots of macroalgeas. i dont use a protein skimmer and my nitrate wont go any higher than 10 in a month without a protein skimmer. i use to just have a hang on powerfilter and never got nitrates above 20 which is more than good enough so any powerfilters are suitable. I have a 96watt powerquad on showtank and 2 10watt minicompacts over the fuge.