My Snowflake-- need suggestions

fishonly

I have had a snowflake for about 4 months with maroon clown, angel, few damsels. He has eaten every other day since day one. Now for the last week he will not eat any of the food I offer. Squid, shrimp,and I have had no luck ever with silversides.
I had a few snails in the tank and over the last week both have ended up empty in the middle of the tank bottom. Why all of a sudden does he eat the snails and not the food i try and give him. Has this happened to any one else? and what suggestions do you have for new food.
Thanks Mike

justchillin

eels will eat their tankmates if he/she can fit them in his/her mouth it was just a matter of time before this started to happen...
once he gets bigger he will probably eat your damsels and clown too. i'm not sure about the angel though...
how big is he now???
mike

fishonly

Thanks- not too worried about the damsels- and maroon is large and so is angel.---Will try Krill----again thanks for info----Mike

goldfish

I have an eel who is about 18" or so and seemed a bit hungry. One day I noticed my little damsel was missing...hmmmm. I finally got a feeding stick and it has seemed to help. Try some bloodworms? Maybe just something different is what he is looking for. They will not usually try to eat something too big for their mouths, so maybe just a fluctuation in his diet is what is needed. Sounds like you are doing your best!