My STILL messed up QT/HT

fishgirl

OMG what is up with this?
On a past post I mentioned that I've had my 20 gallon QT/HT up and running since April with two big damsels in there and all I had to show for it was .25ppm ammonia and no 'ates or 'ites. Now I have NO ammonia NO nitrite NO nitrate! and I HAVE NOT been doing any water changes. I know alot of people would WANT those levels, but it seems funny to have no 'ates in a FO tank with just a UGF and Whisper2 when it's WAY overdue for a water change! This makes nada sense. I mean LR or anything to make it cycle so fast I wouldn't notice it, and plus not very good filtration so there should be a small amount of 'ates. All my test kits are good, none are expired, or ruined w/ water, or anything.
I'm thinking of going to the LFS and getting a Bio-booster bottle, but shouldn't it've cycled naturally? Am I missing anything? What's going on? Thanx in advance, Jean

jwillis

nitrate levels should be as low as possible 40ppm or less the lower the better,nitrite level should allways remain @ 0 ppm sound like you have a good tank!!

bicolorgod

it was probably at its spike at that small level(LOL) and it just went back down. expect it to go up in a few days.
-(GUESSING)-

mr . salty

Like I said before,You missed it.It couldn't hurt to add bio boost.If it's already done they will just die,and you only wasted money.STEVE

fishgirl

Yesterday I was at my LFS and got a bottle of A.C.T. bio-culture which I will add to my tank after the water change that will be due tomorrow. I'll inform you if I get any diff levels. If I don't, I'll assume it's cycled.

broomer5

Fishgirl,
April-May-June-July-August - 2 Damsels - It most certainly has had to completed the cycle. Sounds to me to be a very balanced 20 gallon setup ! I've heard others have similar experiences with UGF for first 6-8 months or so ...
Brian