My Tank is gone!!!!

icebreaker

Well it happened my worst nightmare my 150G tank split its seam. At 5 pm on Sunday afternoon I was sitting with my 2 month old son watching TV and all of a sudden *POP* splash it sounded like a water pipe had just burst. In my socked feet I ran down stairs to watch the first 100G fall to the floor as I looked for buckets to put my live stock into.
After I seemed to save about 20-30G of water I was able to pull everything out of the tank and alive. My friend has a 180g tank in north of Baltimore. I called him and told him to make room I am on my way. So I was able to save everything but a few snails and hermit crabs (I just bought Friday).
So now I am looking to find a New Tank, I could never trust the old one even if I resealed the seam. It split the wood frame down the side about 2” from the bottom.
Thank God for tile floor and bleach.

flower

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3265601
That really sucks. At least you were home. Now Go big and dont go glass. 220.

You were home and thought fast saving your critters...if a disaster must happen, may they always have the same outcome for you..

I have had glass tanks for over 30 years and never ever had one break like that. Are they making them from cheaper material now or what?

I have a glass 90g right now.

lovethesea

omg! soooo much water. I would keep some fans going on the floor area. Water gets in every little nook and crany. Your subfloor may suffer.
Worse nightmare, glad your livestock made it.

cranberry

Woof! That's horrible.
All my bigger tanks are and will be acrylic. I really want glass, but......