My tank pics & a happy dance!

froogy

Here is our 100 gallon tank that we've had for 5 years. Until a month ago, it was FOWLR. We are switching over to reef and as you can see, we still need to get more lr and take the wood out. One problem we have right now is the bta chose to attach to the wood and not the lr so waiting for him to move. I was wondering how we would get a protein skimmer attached. As you can see from the top tank pics, it's partially enclosed. We have had difficulty even fitting pieces of lr through those openings. All those problems are going away though! We decided to get a 94 gallon bowfront with a complete set-up including a protein skimmer and sump! I am SO excited to have this shape of a tank for a reef because I love them!

It will be a while before it's set up because I think we're going to completely cycle the tank instead of using the water we have now since our nitrates are still too high for my liking. My guy, Patrick, used to raise cichlids so the 100 gallon will probably be converted over for this. Whooohoooo!!!! I feel like a 5 year at christmas who just got pony! Lol!
The first 3 pics are the left side, middle and right side.