my tanks 2 year progression pics

murph145

well it will be 2 years this next month so i put together a little pic show of how its developed over those 2 years... i had some issues in the beggining with sps due to a low alkalinity in the salt mix i was using once ive figured that out its done pretty well
my brand new 180g lee mar flat polished euro style tank and stand i made back in january of 2006

when i first switched my 100g into the new tank

when i started trying acros more

about a year ago

about 6-7 months ago

this was 4 months ago

3 months ago

as of yesterday ... one of these days ill get a better camera lol..you can see how fast my green/blue tipped slimer has been growing.

40 galons

do u have to trim back the green star polyps? i have some on a rock set to itself, because im afraid it may try and take over. Beautiful tank btw!

hefner413

Wow. Murph, as always - thanks for the treat! I like the gsp growing up the back as well. And it is just amazing to see what growth you've obtained. truly amazing...

murph145

40 galons... yeah it is actually starting to grow a little faster now and gettting in some places i wish it wasnt so im not sure what im guna do ive been trying to trim some back but this stuff is a pain... i carried it over from my old setup i love the way they sway around in the current and the bright green but i can see them becoming a problem very soon
Hefner... thanks it is pretty crazy how the star polyps can just grow up the glass on the left side u cant see it really but its growing all on the bottom sand behind the rocks and now going up the back glass as well... its fun to watch some of these corals grow over that period of time it makes it worth all the hassell
turtlegirl thanks for the nice comment

dcathey... i was using Via Aqua Ocean Pure Pro before then i switched to Tropic Marin and i just started using Red Sea to save money and those last two especially Tropic Marin have worked great! Dont ever buy Ocean Pure it killed so many of my sps in the beggining becuz of the Borate levels... long explanation but Borate falsifies your true alkalinity and my alk said around 8dkh but the borate really took it down to 6dkh so i was killin all my sps with low alk took me a while to figure that out
thanks wango tango

herre some growth shots
table when i first got it

here it is now

valida when i first got it

here it is now

yellow acro climing the overflow before

here it is now

the one thats grown the most is my slimer it grows about 1" a month on the tips you can see that its almost ready to hit the surface

murph145

yea i have gone through different fish throughout that period got rid of the blue hippo he started snappin at the crocea clams...
thanks everyone i just want it to keep growing and growing so next year ill have an even fuller pic

m0nk

Originally Posted by murph145
yea i have gone through different fish throughout that period got rid of the blue hippo he started snappin at the crocea clams...
thanks everyone i just want it to keep growing and growing so next year ill have an even fuller pic

Wow, that's good to know about the hippo and crocea clams. I'll keep an eye on that.
Beautiful tank progression!!!

kniquy

What kind of lighting do you have? the pictures look amazing. You definitely help keep me motivated.

kniquy

What is your maintance schedule like? i am just curious as to how much time and effort that people put into there tanks.

volcom69

Did u find a bigger calcium reactor yet just curious i think im gonna have to find one soon im tired of dosing all the time and i cant keep up anymore just curious if u found anything yet.