my tanks 2 year progression pics

murph145

m0nk.... yeah keep an eye on it if you get a clam or hippo they can become a pain in the butt
nycbob... thanks just give it time it will slowly progress and grow in
azul1994...thanks alot

painballer768... tell me about it i never thought it was guna grow this fast nor this big its just a matter of time b4 i will have to get a bigger or tank or donate him to the long beach aquarium
coral keeper... thank you

kniquy... i run 3 - phoenix 14K 250 watt HQI bulbs on PFO HQI ballast... i run them about 7 hours a day and they work pretty good i dont run any actinics or anything like that.... as far as maintenance goes its very light... i will change my filter sock and clean my skimmer cup once a week, i feed daily, i add top off water to my auto top off tank every 5-7 days as needed, i check my alk every few days and calcium and magenesium about once a week and dose or adjust my calcium reactor as necessary, i change about 30g of water every 6-8 weeks since i dont like changing water lol.... the tank runs very smoothly now so its really low maintenance i just do what i listed above and the rest is automated... i have gone away for a week and nothing happened besides alk gettin a lil low... alk is my major issue just gotta keep it in range for the sps
bluetang66 ... thanks again im kinda hopin the clam slows down lol its using way too much calcium
volcom69... no new reactor yet im lookin at getting the Geo 624 just something bigger at least double the size of what im running now its barely keeping up and its a 2 chamber reactor

hefner413

Originally Posted by murph145
thanks again im kinda hopin the clam slows down lol its using way too much calcium
Dude, even without the clam - you got a ton of stuff using a ton of calcium!!! Wow, what a good problem to have eh? I wish I had that problem. "Man, my stuff is just growing so much and looks so awesome... but my calcium is pretty hard to keep up." .... Man I hope I can say that someday!
Murph.. truly awesome.

murph145

thanks acrylic! where have you been hows your tank doin??
tropillis... thank you too im glad u like my pics

hefner... tell me about it lol i never thought id be having such an issue things are just growing so fast right now i changed the bulbs still running phoenix but they were gettin old so i got new ones and lowered the pendants down like 3" to give more Par to the corals and man i can tell... colors have changed a lil some lightened but i think they will bounce back some but they growth is making up for any lighting in the corals...
i picked up a nice cap from a fellow reefer a few weeks back its a green with purple rim cap and the purple is really starting to show on it and it starting to show some fast growth .... the big green stag is my fastest grower for sure about 1" a month on the tips the tallest tip is basically 1/8" from the surface the flow actually is starting to make it hit the air...
it is funy when u say it the way u did lol to have a problem with too high of a calcium and alkalinity demand lol
thanks again everyone and merry christmas well its almost over here on the west coast now

bullitr

my calcium is 500+ and im running the calcium reactor to the minimum even with 5 clams but with only 10 sps.slowly when the tank is really stable i will get more but im having problem with my montis. i didn't acclimated it in my light and usully they came from 250 watts 14k or 20 k and i have 400 watts 10k with mini lumenarc.and its too much too soon. lesson learn.thanks for sharing the picture with us its a good inspiration murph

murph145

yeah most montis need low light first id always start a monti in the lower 3rtd of the tank if not on the sand at first they can always adjust from there
thanks and see you soon!

bullitr

i am getting a 250 watts with maybe 14 or 15k metal halide this weekend for the other side of the tank . i'll put all the montis and lfs in that side

wattsupdoc

Hey, you cheated from the start!
Evidently your 100 was sweet to begin with.
Your yellow tang though hasnt moved very far in 2 years. He's kinda a slow swimmer 'eh?

Very nice Murph! Very nice.

Did I say very nice?

BTW use a denture brush on the GSP. Just scrub 'em away. Do alittle bit at a time until you get them scrubbed back far enough to allow some more time between scrubbings. You need to scrub them pretty good though. If you leave very much of the matt, they will pop back up pretty soon. But the brush does a good job without having to remove the rock.

murph145

Originally Posted by wattsupdoc
Hey, you cheated from the start!
Evidently your 100 was sweet to begin with.
Your yellow tang though hasnt moved very far in 2 years. He's kinda a slow swimmer 'eh?

Very nice Murph! Very nice.

Did I say very nice?

BTW use a denture brush on the GSP. Just scrub 'em away. Do alittle bit at a time until you get them scrubbed back far enough to allow some more time between scrubbings. You need to scrub them pretty good though. If you leave very much of the matt, they will pop back up pretty soon. But the brush does a good job without having to remove the rock.

Thanks about the GSP control methods!!! im really guna have to get on that pretty soon they are gettin everywhere now!!! i like them but they do cause issues....
lol that yellow tang is just around my clam right now haha thats funnyt when u scroll down hes moved just a few inches each time haha
thanks for the kind words the 100 was cool at the time but i set this tank up for the sps and so far they are happy

trippkid

That is pretty funny, looks like he "staked" himself in the sand, didn't take notice to that before. I tend to look past the fish and look more at the corals.

Matt

wattsupdoc

I really like the GSp's too! as well as YSP.You just have to rub 'em out evertynow and then. I feel like an old Chicago mob boss whenever I'm doing it.
OOOH you dirty rat..... I'm gonna rub you out!

murph145

Originally Posted by wattsupdoc
I really like the GSp's too! as well as YSP.You just have to rub 'em out evertynow and then. I feel like an old Chicago mob boss whenever I'm doing it.
OOOH you dirty rat..... I'm gonna rub you out!

hahaha yeah i know how u feel

hefner413

Once again.... ohhh no.. my GSP's just grow too much. Darn, such a hassle....
MAN, I wish I had your problems!!!

triga22

Murph I think you need a bigger tank. Mabye a 1000! That would take you longer to fill up so thats a good thing. Really like the tank and its progressed well into a mature tank. Good work.