My Thread is Closed?

S

saltman23

i'm sorry this does not concern fish but for some reason one of my threads is "closed" and i can't post anything on it. what could be the reason for this?

1journeyman

Your thread was closed because you were posting on it under 2 different accounts; Saltman and Saltdude.
If you read the Infraction note in your User Profile you'll see a more detailed explanation.

S

saltman23

i see the letter but why was it sent. and why cant i post on my thread?

S

saltman23

i do not know saltdude!..is this becuase we have similar names/

S

saltman23

i am not posting under saltdude...i dont even know the guy!

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Saltman23
http:///forum/post/2480037
i am not posting under saltdude...i dont even know the guy!
This has been forwarded to Admin and the other Mods for them to look at.
Here's what we know, Saltman.
*Two accounts are very similarly named
*Identical IP addresses from a public IP
*One account logs on, other logs off and comes to the thread the other just posted on (As Mods we can see this)
*Accounts created on the same day
Saltman, I gave you a warning. If you come clean and cease this behavior you will probably be allowed to keep your account with just a warning. If you continue to post on both accounts and Admin looks into it and finds I am correct you will be permanently banned.

1journeyman

Normally this would be handled through pm's, btw. But, since your account is new you do not have pm feature enabled yet.

S

saltman23

i have nothing to come clean about.
i do not have another name of saltdude
i do not know why you think this but its not true.
if you decide to "band" me from this website i wil contact the main manager because this is not true and i have NO idea what you are talking about!

S

saltman23

i believe this was all done out of spite just because of the begining of my post and its disagreemnts!

1journeyman

Saltman, let me explain this.
Everytime a computer connects to the internet it aquires an address, called an "IP Address".
Each computer gets an address. Two computers in a house, for instance, will still have different IP addresses. Sometimes, depending on how an office network is set up, all the computers on a network will have a single IP address.
The point is, Saltman and Saltdude have the identical IP address. As Mods we can see what your IP address is, as well as basic info about your Internet Provider (Comcast)

1journeyman

http:///forum/post/2480069
i believe this was all done out of spite just because of the begining of my post and its disagreemnts!
No, not at all. It only came up after a very similar name with the same exact IP address posted on the thread.
As Mods we cannot permanently ban accounts, nor do we ever delete or edit posts that we disagree with. We do, however, enforce the rules of SWF on their forums. Posting from multiple accounts is not allowed.

S

saltman23

this is ridiculous! i dont have another name of saltdude21 you need to recheck your sources.

T

tizzo

http:///forum/post/2480309
this is ridiculous! i dont have another name of saltdude21 you need to recheck your sources.
hahahaha
tell me I missed it! Tell me that the "21" part of that name has been mentioned earlier in this thread and I just missed it.
otherwise, saltman, dude whatever, nice touch.

kjr_trig

You never give up do you???

You are clearly 2 things
1. The same person, Saltman and Saltdude
2. A beginner in this hobby
The sooner you admit this, the sooner you can go on with your life....Deal with it.

Actually I changed my mind, I think you should come in as Saltdude and start argueing this thread too, tell us you have no idea who Saltman is.