My ugly tank is getting better

teresaq

after a really bad outbreak of hair algea, my tank is finally getting back in shape. I have scrubbed most of the algea out, and added a bigger skimmer and a phosband reactor.
Here are a few pictures

flower

Spruce it up with a nice background color. The tank looks pretty good. Hair algae is a pain..I KNOW...
After scrubbing my rock, I got a Blue spotted Kole tang, to assist my lawnmower Blenny...hair algae is now under control, and stays that way.

120reefer

Tank looks awsome, I like your aquascape!
I agree with Flower.. I would definately consider a solid background, it would really give it some depth. Btw, is that a spp. of pencil urchin in the first pic just to the right of the zoas?

teresaq

Thanks, I dont know how i would everget a background on it. I do like the coraline to cover the back. I may have to try with a plstic table cloth or something simular.
My little pygmy angel picks at the algea, but not enough to keep it under control. I have never had luck with lawnmower blennys. They always die on me.
I will be adding more corals as soon as the rest of the algea is gone. My clowns are not happy as they like to host it.
T

fishkid13

Did you get a picture of them hosting in the algae? If so post it.
Looks good, mine had the same problem. I don't know why everyone says LM eat the algae, mine never did. Great tank Ter

teresaq

ITs too funny. I thought it was dead the first time I saw this.
I want to get a nice torch for them
T

jas1

WOW!!! Your tank is absolutely BEAUTIFUL
How many gal? That is soooo crazy your clowns hosting the algae
I also have decided to let the back of my tank "go" or "grow" for better choice of words. I wish I would've painted it though

teresaq

no they are just piled. I need to get in there with some epoxy though, my urchins keep knocking the top ones off.
T

teresaq

one week after adding a phosband reactor, I can already see more algea gone. I will ge updated pictures when I charge my camera battery
T

bill109

have you checked phosphates?
i would try phosban..
always worked for me.
also do you use Ro/Di Water or tap?