My unseen tank.

ryanhayes9

its a good looking tank and will look even better with corals! what size tank is it? looks sort of small for a blue tang and a foxface.
if i could suggest a background. makes a huge difference

rzande1

It is a 55 gallon tank. Yea I have thought about a background but do not know what to put on it. Any suggestions? Yea the tank is as fully stocked as it will get.

ryanhayes9

well IMO black looks the best. picture ones draw attention away from your tank.
what are the dimensions of the tank?
and is that an oddysea canister filter?

rzande1

It is a magnum hot and my eheim 2227 is on the floor. You can see the hoses in the back. Heater on the right side.

rzande1

Yes. It is 30.25 inchs accross the large side. The tank is 18.75 inchs high. The tank is 12.5 inchs front to back.

ryanhayes9

ah i had a feeling.... i thought that the tank might not be a 55 gallon.
check this link
http://www.fishfriend.com/tank_volume_calculator.html
i plugged in ur tank dimensions and it said 30 gallons.
on 55 gallons they have a crossbar after 24 inches of length. i saw that you only had i light as 55's normally have 2. 2 24" lights.
please dont take this a flaming or n e thing. Just wanted to let u know

ryanhayes9

Originally Posted by rzande1
I dont know about corals. I only have a florecent bulb in the hood and it is a single at that.
yeah.... you would probably have to buy a different light for corals.

ryanhayes9

dude that totally sucks. I would call and complain to them asap. like tonight if its not too late or tomorow and demand a 55 gallon tank like you purchased!
But if you do you will need to buy a stand for it as i would not trust a nightstand etc.

ryanhayes9

i would carefully watch the blue tang and the foxface for disease. IMO blue tangs need a 90 gallon minumum and a foxface a 55 minimum. Belive me its hard to resist a blue tang as I have a 55 gallon reef

rzande1

I think it is way WAY passed. I used to use this tank as a freshwater so I think it is over 2 years now. But damnit I thought I had a bigger tank. This sucks. Well the nightstand is actually an old table made out of 2 by 4 with cross supports and bolted together.

ryanhayes9

wow that sucks. well you could always keep the tank and get rid of the foxface and blue tang. have a stock list like
2 clowns
1 sixline
1 yello watchmen or a pygmy angel
something like that.
with this size tank it would also cost less for you to buy a ligt and have corals

rzande1

Damnit it was like 300 something when I bought it. It was 10 percent off. It was more because it was glass. This totally sucks. Ah well. Down the line I will get a bigger tank. It sucks cause I had a choice of that 55 gallon and a 90 gallon corner. I should have gone for the 90 gallon corner with the stand. Ah well when I get my own place I will go for something really big.

ryanhayes9

300????!!!! i still have the price sticker for my 29 it was 49 bucks! and mines all glass
i feel ya man. being 15 stinks cuz my dad wont allow n e thing over 55 gallons. when i move out i Really want to have a huge like acrylic cube built for me. in like a specific room. be like 500 gallon reef. thing would be a beast!
hopefully chefs make a lot of money