My Water Looks Uwful Now

brendac

Ok I just got done changing from CC to LS. Oh my goodness its like a nightmare... All it reminds me of is a cloudy milky look... Cant see anything at all.... yikes... Will the aquarium ever clear up again??? Its a 125g And is it a good idea to keep the canister sponges and such cleaned while this is going on? I do have a protein skimmer and I hope that helps it some to clear up. :help: I did not rinse it cause I was told not to

hot883

Should have emptied the tank of all water first saving the water. You will most definately have the worst cycle ever if you did not.

krazy302

Originally Posted by BrendaC
Ok I just got done changing from CC to LS. Oh my goodness its like a nightmare... All it reminds me of is a cloudy milky look... Cant see anything at all.... yikes... Will the aquarium ever clear up again??? Its a 125g And is it a good idea to keep the canister sponges and such cleaned while this is going on? I do have a protein skimmer and I hope that helps it some to clear up. :help: I did not rinse it cause I was told not to
Don't worry it will take some time to clear up, I did the same thing switched from cc to ls and took out 3/4 of the water but it was still light mild in the tank when I put back all the water.. It took me 2 to 3 full days for it to be completly clear again. Don't worry it will clear up, but it will take some time..

oceanists

Thanks

Brenda turn off your powerheads for about 4 hours .... and leave your return pump on , that should make everything settle faster

mikeyjer

Yes it is best to keep those sponges cleaned often cause it will plug up pretty easy during this process. It will clear up soon.... :happyfish

alyssia

Originally Posted by hot883
Should have emptied the tank of all water first saving the water. You will most definately have the worst cycle ever if you did not.

That's what I'm afraid of. Did you switch it all out at once?

socko6774

nah, i did the same thing, it cleared up in about 2 days, no problem with the cycle, just be patient.
believe me, my entire tank was white, i couldnt see my hand 2 inches in front of the glass... it will clear up, no worries