My Weekend--Catching Shrimp

acrylic300

After sitting and watching my Peppermint Shrimp eat my new Richordio mushroom for a few hours--I couldn't take it anymore. As someone suggested in another post, I built a trap. I cut a plastic soda bottle and flipped it around into a funel. I also cut the mouth a little bigger--because they wouldn't go inside. I wrapped a chunk of frozen brine shrimp in cloth and tossed it in the trap.
These creatures are smart--I caught everything in the tank at least once before I caught them. Many times they would go almost inside then scurry away.
I started at 11:00 AM and finshed at 10:30 PM
The secret is to shut all the lights down then use a far away room light to monitor the trap. This way the fish leave the trap alone.
I was so happy to get them out of the tank, I almost jumped up and down on them.
Thank You, Bottle Trap inventor

jewban

I have three peppermint shrimp and lots of rics and not one of them has touched my precious mushroom.....my precious...LORTR style lol, anyway just swondering if other people have had the same problems wiht peppermints or if maybe this was an isolated insolent...also is it possible that you have a camelback shrimp and htink you had a peppermint shrimp?

acrylic300

Yes, the camel back thing I am wondering about? It was sold as Peppermint but they have a slight hump near the tail. I thought the Camel back had a more pronounced hump higher up. I've wondered from the start about this.

maurice

Those sound like camelbacks to me,same exact thing happened to me at the lfs,i was looking around as i told the girl i wanted 6 pepermints and never even looked at them and when i got them in the tank they were 6 camelbacks :scared: so you know what i was thinking. :mad:
:mad: