My Yasha Goby (finally)

bluering09

This is my Yasha Goby I finally got the chance to take a pict of him. Its getting less shy every day so better pictures will be coming soon!

flricordia

Cool. Did you get a pistol to go with it? I have always wanted one but they are so damn pricy. $100 for a pair local.

brandan

I am setting up a 14" cube linked to my 175gal system, and I plan to add one in that. Finally someone else crazy enough to spend the money!!! lol

blazin2k6

You shouldnt have any problem putting a Pistol shrimp in there with your Yashia goby. a shrimp doesnt really cause that much Bioload i have been told. Here is a pic of my pair. Hope you dont mind me posting this pic. If ya do you can delete my post :)
Just wanted to show ya how cool a pair of them are together.

bluering09

He's one inch to be exact. thats a great pict of the pistol and the goby. I went to the local stores here in Houston and I couldnt find a pistol shrimp. so I guess I will just have to wait until swfish have them in stock.
By the way I m buying a 210g tank soon so keep an eye on that!

blazin2k6

Thanks alot for the comment. Yeah they are i believe my favorite livestock. Such cool personalities to watch. And i hope they do excellent in your bigggg tank. I recently bought another pair for my other nano but i havent seen them since i put em in the tank :( its been about 10 days now. Well goodluck with your yashia. Hope he does wonderful for ya.

20galfowlr

man i wish i could get an awesome picture of my pair like that (yellow watchman and tiger pistol) its so cool to see them work together

juice_1080

Originally Posted by fishtanknewbie
http:///forum/post/2485708
They sell tehm as a pair here At Pet supplies plus here in Toledo for $25.00.
Wow $100.00 seems kind of pricey.

Are you talking about a Yasha Goby and a Randalli Pistol Shrimp? If so I would be willing to pay you to buy/ship me a nice looking pair of them (seriously) for my pistol tank that has just finished cycling. I was told $60 for the Yasha and $20+ for the shrimp here.

K

kikithemermaid

Whoa, pistol shrimps are $100?? Why so expensive? Do they pair with only Yasha gobies?

bluering09

Sad to inform you guys that my Goby died, actually was murdered by my Coral Banded Shrimp. I m looking in to buy a new one for my tank, but after seing my yasha get eating alive I m kinda afraid to get a new one

rebelprettyboy

Sorry to hear about the lost. It was a pretty fish. If i was getting another id get rid of the coral banded shrimp. Its not as pretty neways!