Mystery !!

crazy4reefs

i added a yellow watchman goby and a pistol shrimp into my 20 gallon tank on may 24th.. i have seen the goby but havent seen the pistol since the 3rd day i put them in. twice now i have moved the rock around (only 20lbs, 4 pieces) to look for the shrimp and i havent found him.. i checked in the sand and on the rock but nothing. i just tested my water
ph-8.2
ammonia- 0
nitrate-0
nitrite-0
salt-1.024
i dont know what to think, is it possible he is hiding in the rock where i cant see him. i only have 3 blue legs and 2 snails now so i dont think they could of taken care of it... any help is appreciated!!:confused:

overanalyzer

I'd stop moving your rock and letthe tank settle and keep an eye out for him!
Once the tank settles keep an eye on where your watchman starts hanging out - if they paired up you should see him by the watchman.
could be he molted and the blue legs got to him while he was hiding - lost a peppermint - they mugged hm and pulled him out of a little hole .... was pretty nasty scene ....
good luck and HTH

grouperhead

Yeah, leave the rocks like they are. You could inadvertently crush him by moving the rocks. See where your goby hangs out like overanalyzer stated. How big was he? He could be somewhere in one of the rocks. Take a red light and look into the tank and night and see if you can find him. Bo

crazy4reefs

thanks for the help.. i havent seen him molt yet but i have only had him for 2 weeks so far. are they more of a night creature ? i will check with a flash light tonigh. thanks