nano coral help

N

newreefers

I have a 10gal nano, with 2 false percs in there. About 2-3 months ago I put a ittle 2" colt frag in the tank, it has about outgrown the tank now at 6-7" tall. I was planning to put the colt in the 125 in three weeks when the cycle is done and now out of the blue my percs have decided to host in the colt. What is this going to do to the percs if I remove the colt?????:confused:

stupid_naso

Nothing but they might just feel a little lost. Why don't you frag it? Like leave a small frag in your tank and move the rest to your 125. To find out more about fragging, you can go to garf.org I think.

ty_05_f

fragging a colt is easy i just did mine b/c mine was too big too. i did about a 5x5in frag. I placed a shell next to my colt and it attached. So all i had to do was cut the piece off that attached to the shell. Or you could cut a branch off and try rubber banding it to a rock or shell.

N

newreefers

I can't really frag it, it is mostly the tall stalk, in another inch of growth it will reach the top of water.

zack schwartz

I see how the colt is attatched to a rock but can you move that rock to the bottom of that tank or is it at the bottom of the tank?

N

newreefers

the bummer is that the rock is at the bottom of the tank. Could I kinda cut the middle of the stalk off and re-plant the top part of the colt?? what would happen to the stalk that is now attached to the rock?? would it grow??

zack schwartz

What has worked for me and my colt is, so you see where the branches are? I think what would work is to really just cut them and reglue them and let the grow :) I would start off with the tallest 2 branches if you can and see how they do.

tiffster

Okay, so you take a really sharp pair of scissors, clean 'em real good , cut a branch off, put it in a bag, mail it to me!!
Wishful thinking.....:D :D