Nano Skimmer

nordy

I am looking for recommendations for a skimmer that I could use in my Aquapod 12 nano tank and would appreciate your advice-what you like and why.
Thanks,
John

nordy

I have heard that before, but was looking at my tank today while doing some aquascaping and with the canopy up I could see a some filmy stuff on top of the water. I don't think there was anything bad or unusual in the tank (set up with rock, sand, and filter media from my 55), and I keep thinking of all the gunk the skimmer pulls out on my 55 and I do weekly 20% changes on that tank! In the nano I have some shrooms, 2 small hammer corals, some zoas, a small galaxea, a small GSP, 3 hermits and about 4 small snails, and 2 small fish

subielover

Point one of your powerheads at the surface of the water, to break the film. You shouldn't really need one as long as you keep up on the water changes. Plus there is not a proven nano skimmer that really works on such a small enclosed tank, not that I am aware of anyhow.

nordy

Thanks for the reply. I will bring one of my Koralia nanos to work and put in the new tank.
Because I started the tank with old water that I drained from my 55, I have been changing one gallon a day since Monday-so much easier and less messy to do one gallon at a time then to do 10 or 15 gallons at a time like I do for the 55!