Nano Tanks - What is the best brand?

chaseter

I am going to upgrade from my tiny 14 g Biocube nano in a couple of months. I have been saving money and researching different nano brands. I am looking for something in the 30 range (25-35). I will have enough money to buy whatever is the best brand. What are the pros and the cons of each? Which do you prefer?

sickboy

Check out the Finnex aquariums. I don't have one, but if I ever got a nano again it would be what I want

btldreef

Do you dislike the BioCube. I love my 14G and considered their 29G model before I bought a 40G breeder setup.
Also, you can set up your own, which sometimes works out better because you can really do it your way and not be restricted.

chaseter

I really like the 34 gallon RedSeaMax. The stock biocubes have rather poor lighting so I would have to spend money to upgrade the lighting. That would be around the same price as the RSM.
The RSM has T5 lighting, is that good enough lighting to allow some of the soft and hard corals to thrive?
The only downside to the RSM is no modding like a refugium in the back as I have with my biocube. That is why I want to know the best nano brands.

bill109

sea max's are nice.
if i was making a tank again i wouuld need 2 things..
Rimless tank + pendant T-5's or MH

wifishman1

i had a nano cube quad and loved it. it put out almos 4w a gallon for some softies,came with a wave maker,had duel return lines and came with a free stand. here's some info........
* 28-gallon Nano Cube with cool-running 105 watt compact fluorescent lighting
* Innovative aquarium system loaded with features for highly customizable setups
* Transparent 3-stage filter media basket easily converts into an in-tank refugium
Expand nano reef possibilities with the versatile 28-gallon Nano Cube CF-QUAD. The newest addition to the extremely popular Nano Cube aquarium series is loaded with hobby-friendly features for highly-customizable setups. The integrated hood features a brilliant 105 watt quad compact fluorescent lamp for 3.75 watts of light per gallon. This 10,000°K/7,100°K combo lamp offers a smart solution for high intensity light output while minimizing unwanted heat generation. The all-in-one Nano Cube CF-QUAD features 2 powerheads with directional flow nozzles controlled by the redesigned Ocean Pulse Duo alternating wavemaker. The newly incorporated memory chip ensures flawless performance of the Ocean Pulse Duo even after a power failure. Built-in filtration system employs an innovative 3-stage filter media basket installed with a mechanical sponge, activated carbon and biological ceramic rings. For the experienced reef-keeper, this transparent and compartmentalized filter media basket can be used as an in-tank refugium for a natural approach to reef keeping. Simply add macro-algae such as chaetomorpha in lieu of the mechanical sponge and biological ceramic rings. Glass aquarium with rounded corners for seamless panoramic viewing. Measures 18" x 22" x 22" high.
Features:
•105 watt 10,000°K/7,100°K compact fluorescent lighting
•(4) Nite-Vu LED lighting with separate power cord
•(2) Powerheads
•(2) Directional flow nozzles
•(1) Ocean Pulse Duo alternating wavemaker
•(2) Integrated cooling fans
•3-stage filtration with removable media basket
•Center overflow system
•Designated area for a heater (heater sold separately)
•Designated area for a protein skimmer (protein skimmer sold separately)
•Flame retardant ABS canopy housing
•Thermal protector for canopy (Auto Shut Off protection)
The Nano Cube 28-gallon CF-QUAD makes a beautiful focal point in any room displayed upon the stylish Nano Cube 28-gallon Cabinet Stand.

calbert0

by build your own setup i meant buy a tank that suits your needs, get it drilled, buy a tank for a sump that suits your needs, then add baffles, buy a return pump. etc....
you'll be able to meet your individual needs better this way, and if your'e smart about it you can save a fair deal of money over buying a pre-fab setup