nano?

zack schwartz

I bet you are going to get mixed ideas on this but hers my .02
All depends on what tank size you got. I think for a stard 10- gallon you could get some PC lighting like 2 32 watt 1 blue 1 10k. Next is filtrtion if you can I would try a refugium if not LR like 10lbs LS like 2" bed would work. Can you give soem details on what you were looking at or thinking of?

justinx

As previously mentioned, it really is a matter of personal opinion on EXACTLY what set up is needed for a nano. However, there are some essentials. Like the usual LR, powerful lights, etc. But if you could let us in on a more detailed idea of what you had in mind might help to better plan a nano set up.
However, be forewarned that nano reefs are not easy. In fact, they are much more difficult than any other reef IMO. They take very regular maintenance that has to be adhered to. But if you have the patience, and the dedication they make great reef tanks.
HTH
Justin

billyjoe

it will be 20 gallons i want fish in it but i just need to know what kinda lighting sand rock filteration and things like that that i will need all help is much appreciated

justinx

Well, I run a 20 gallon and I can tell you from experience that it is not as difficult as some of the smaller tanks. But it can be challenging. Take a look at my signature to get an idea of what kind of equipment I run. If you plan on doing Fish Only with some live rock, you can skip the lights and go with just normal lights. Let me know if you have anymore questions.