NASCAR fantasy league 2009.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2928451
That's awesome
!! Supposedly they slashed a lot of ticket prices. Hopefully a ton of new people get to make it out to a race this year and get hooked.

That isn't saying that much NASCAR tickets are more expensive that most other sports. You can't get weekend tickets on the front stretch for two people for less than 250 bucks in Texas. We had BAD tickets and I think it cost us 350 bucks for the Busch (well nationwide but

[hr]
that) and cup race.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2928467
That isn't saying that much NASCAR tickets are more expensive that most other sports. You can't get weekend tickets on the front stretch for two people for less than 250 bucks in Texas. We had BAD tickets and I think it cost us 350 bucks for the Busch (well nationwide but

[hr]
that) and cup race.
I heard the remaining ones are going for half, there's some for $45 out there. I've been to Daytona egos ago, and to Homestead 4 years in a row, 2003-2007. I think our seats started out at $85 ea. for our seats in 2003 at Homestead and topped out at $125 for them in 2007. Those were the perfect mid height seats too, the lower ones and the extreme top are cheaper. That's not too bad, compared, at the time, to the only other sport that isn't hurting, the NFL for a lower bowl seat.

srgvigil

Originally Posted by ruaround
http:///forum/post/2927823
ya sirvig... there is nothing exciting about 43 cars inches from each other at 200 mph... or strategy to it at all...
with the amount of "left turns" you put in your post they actually turned right... figure that one out...
Fatcat got the reference I was referring to

stdreb27

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2928473
I heard the remaining ones are going for half, there's some for $45 out there. I've been to Daytona egos ago, and to Homestead 4 years in a row, 2003-2007. I think our seats started out at $85 ea. for our seats in 2003 at Homestead and topped out at $125 for them in 2007. Those were the perfect mid height seats too, the lower ones and the extreme top are cheaper. That's not too bad, compared, at the time, to the only other sport that isn't hurting, the NFL for a lower bowl seat.

What I don't get is that Texas isn't as cool a race to go to as Daytona, yet we have more expensive tickets, and have higher attendances go figure. I know at TMS they're only knocking down the price of the backstretch. To 20 bucks. That isn't that much cheaper.

spiderwoman

Yeah, it's not the cost of tickets that gets you, but it's the food and drink. You are lucky to get a soda under $10.

shogun323

Our tickets were $100 each. I'm sure it will be more like a $200 day by the time it is over. I'm gettin the track pass to hear the action and I think that is like $40 on its own.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2929474
Yeah, it's not the cost of tickets that gets you, but it's the food and drink. You are lucky to get a soda under $10.
but at least you can bring whatever you want in. Beer, food, more beer!
Originally Posted by shogun323

http:///forum/post/2929496
Our tickets were $100 each. I'm sure it will be more like a $200 day by the time it is over. I'm gettin the track pass to hear the action and I think that is like $40 on its own.
Track pass is only 40 bucks now? Man I remember when it debuted. It was dang cool But 200 dollars for the weekend plus another couple hundred in deposit.
When I would work races, people red knecks would drop 400 - 500 bucks on scanner equipment. Like there was no tomorrow. It was nuts.

scotts

Cool, I think if RR and STD join we will have one slot left.
Wade, Awesome about your first race. If you don't mind a little advice, well you are going to get it anyway. Whatever time you are going to get there, get there an hour earlier. It is not a race, it is and EXPERIENCE! Just walking through the parking lot seeing all the rednecks is fun. Then there are the souvineer (sp?) haulers.... You will NEED a scanner. Not only is it fun to listen to the drivers, but I like listening to the radio guys, espceially when they are at a commercial break and the banter that they have.
Is the track pass the ultimate scanners with the TV in them? Last year I was at a Busch race (Or whatever they call the Saturday race) and in one of the sponser's boxes. Pretty close to the start/finish line, high up, just awesome seats. I took my headphones off so I could hear the engines roar as they started the race, the cars came to the line, the green flag dropped all the cars lined up and took off, what an incredible site. The guys in front of me were looking at the 3" screen on their scanners.
I wanted to smack them on the head. Why not go inside and watch in on the TV in there?

shogun323

Thanks!!!! My understanding from a buddy is that the track pass is the earphones with the scanner built in.
I'm not sure on the parking lot deal. I absolutely hate crowds with a passion to the point that I can't handle them without medication. We are still working things out for transportation. We may fly in.
I am certainly pumped though. It will be perfect if Jr. can pull off a win for me although I doubt that will happen. He needs to fire his cousin!!!!

scotts

Well the crowd thing might just be a bit of a problem considering you are going to be sitting with 100,000 of your closest friends.
I know what you mean though, as soon as the winner crosses the finish line I am up and gone.
The only problem with renting something like a scanner is you have to return it at the end of the race. That is one of the reasons I bought mine.

stdreb27

That and you have to fork over a HUGE deposit. Not worth it. Especially if they pack it up and leave before the end of the race.
I'm joined up, my name is anyonebutjohnsonplz.
A race is awesome, just make sure you bring ear protection... Definately get there early. I'd plan on getting there several hours early. 3 or 4 hours at least. And park as close to the exit as possible. Walking will be faster than sittin in your car.

shogun323

Thanks for all the headup. Hopefully we are flying. The only reasons we may not is that one friends wife is afraid for her hubby to be in a small plane. LAME
One of my buddies is a pilot and we live a stones throw from Clearwater St. Pete airport and Daytona Speedway is literally next door to the airport there.

t316

The first time I flew over Daytona in a single engine plane, my buddy nudges me and says..."hey, there's Daytona". I say, "where, I don't see it". I stare and stare but couldn't see it. He climbs up another 700-800 ft., and there it is, I can see it now. The place is so freakin' humungous, I was looking at the infield. It wasn't until we got higher that I could actually recognize a track going around the place. Very impressive...

scotts

There may be room for more, I am not sure how many teams are allowed in one group. In case anyone else wants to join.
KJ, I am sorry but you have already been docked 50 points for "actions detrimental to the sport" for that boastful statement. (Now I just have to figure out how to dock you the 50 points
)