Naso Tang

mila

Hi,
Does anyone know haw fast Naso Tang grows? I am planning to buy it as a gift for 125 gal tank. Also, is it disease prone?
Thank you.

chris19

HI,
Naso's are part of the tang family that will greatly appreciate a larger tank when fully grown. The 125 would be OK for a sub adult but naso's get larger than some of their counter parts. Other tangs will be perfect....yellows, regals, koles, etc. also no vlamingi's they are a large tang also. But IMO I think itll be fine for a Naso. Naso's are also considered hardier than some of the other tangs available.
Chris

mila

Thank you Chris.
Do you know how fast Naso Tangs grow. For example, if I'll get a 4 inch Naso, how long it would take for him to grow to 12 inches?
Thank you,
Mila

chris19

First i wouldnt advise on purchasing one 4" or under because they rarely adapt to an aquarium because they need a constant food source and just dont fair well overall. If fed right the tang can reach that size between 1 and 2 years. Look at this link I found it tells all about their growth range. http://www.wetwebmedia.com/naso.htm Hope I can paste the link. Chris

mila

Does anyone has a Naso tang that was 3-4" when you got him and now it is 10-12" or more? If yes, could you please tell me how long do you have him and your experience with him.
Thank you.

jerrybsal

I have a naso in a 125.I put him in there 8 years ago,he is about 8" long
he was 5" when i bought him.He is a pig and eats anything i put in the tank
very good fish to take care of.

mila

8 years!!! Good for you Jerrybsal. Is it a blonde Naso? Does it have a good personality?
So, it only grew 3" in 8 years. This is very good.
Thanks a lot.

jerrybsal

Everyone always claim that they grow very fast,I have yet to see that ,3" in 8 years is slow to me. He is great he keeps to himself and swims all day. When i bought him he was the largest fish I had now all my fish have passed him, including a powder blue tang and emperor angel