NASO-TANG

chrisd

i have my naso for 6 days now and he still is not eatig , i gave him lettus , 2types of pellets and some small flake food ,, any sugestion PLEASE
Thank you
Chris

mgochay

My suggestion: Be a bit more patient. I had mine for that amount of time before he started eating but shortly afterwards he did.
Also if yours has little white blotches on his body (not ick, a discoloration on his body in the form of spots) like mine did after I put him in my tank don't worry about those either. He's just freak'n a bit. It will stop too. Matter of fact each morning after I first turn the lights on the tank he has spots on him then they go away in a couple of minutes. As for feeding just keep feeding your other fish as you do normally and he should come around soon enough. Hope this settles your mind a bit

veskas

Absolutely right about those splotches of white.....if I'm in there for anything she pulls that trick. Try feeding some live brine or frozen cube food like mussell, shrimp & squid. I also put in a couple of feeder guppies for my trigger & puffer, but guess who ate those? Yep, Ms. Naso!!!

kris

Your naso ate feeders??????????????
I would never have guessed in a million years--are you sure??????
Anyway--six days is a long time-you're gonna have to make sure you're offering what he was eating before--so call your dealer--give him something you KNOW he will eat.

chrisd

I DONT KNOW I BOUGHT HIM THE FIST DAY HE CAN IN , SO HE DIDNT HAVE A CHANCE TO EAT < WHILE HE WAS IN THE FISH STORE

kris

BIG MISTAKE. Never take them until they have been there and been quarantined at least a week and are eating regularly. And make the people feed him before you take him so you know. This also helps cause alot of fish don't eat right away when they get home.
Your fish never had time to recover from his first transfer, before you shocked him again.