Naso Tangs

Went to the LFS and my sister talked me into getting one. I realize he might out grow my tank one day, but in the mean time any pointers on keeping these guys?

prinny

My husband just talked me into one too. He is a PIG! He eats everything is site. We keep fresh lettuce for him, but he never stops eating. I would be interested in hearing about these guys too.

dpittman

I have one about 6 inches. He is a really cool fish. I feed him mysis, brine, and formala 2. But his favorite is the seaweed. He can't get enough of the stuff. The local LFS has one right now that is damn near 2 feet; really impressive.

Ive had mine for 2 days, and I cant get him to eat. How long does it take before they start eating? Im tried 2 different kinds of seaweed selects, fresh scallops, fresh shrimp, dried fish food, tubifex worms. How long before he will start eating, or should I be worried?

von_rahvin

It takes a while for a tang to be comfortable with it's new home. They sometimes take a week. I feed mine seaweed selects. As for fresh lettuce, it does not really have any food alue either.
In after a few days it is still not eating go for the live brine and add some seaweed slects into the tank. just leave a small peice in there and he should go for it. good luck :)

flamehawk

I'm not a fan of getting a fish knowing you'll have to move him as he grows but now that you have him .... keep seaweed selects or nori in the tank and he should start eating soon. I didn't catch how big hw was or what size tank you have. This fish grows rather large. Could get as large as 15 inches in captivity!!