naughty mandarins rated-R

monalisa

Now THAT is VERY impressive!! I would love to know more about the system those happy little campers are in!! Not so much for myself...don't have room in my home...but if nothing else to find out what it REALLY takes to keep these little ones happy, healthy, and growing.
WOW...
Lisa...

T

tiberius

Originally Posted by Qreef
Good New!!!!!!!I have been watching them for 30minand still going ang going
This is so awesome!!
Please tell me how long you had them.
I would love to get a female for mine.
I will wait a year till I know for sure that this guy is doing fine before getting a female. I think it would be great for him! I just need to make certain they both will have enough food. Does the female eat other things besides pods? I have a 110 gallon tank with plenty of rock.
I love your avatar!

msez2u

Ohhh those guys are beautiful and very healthy...those are my dream fish. It makes he happy to see that some people have some great stories on them. keep us informed if you get any babies.

qreef

Thanks Ya'll
My tank have about 300# of rocks and a 45gal refugium. I have the female for 3yrs and the male over 1.5yr. and I have a other one that I housing in a 90gal and he (all of them) is eating blood worms

T

tiberius

Thanks Ya'll
My tank have about 300# of rocks and a 45gal refugium. I have the female for 3yrs and the male over 1.5yr. and I have a other one that I housing in a 90gal and he (all of them) is eating blood worms
Blood worms eh. I read several posts before and they stated that bloodworms were for freshwater fish and shouldn't be fed to salt water fish and they didn't have much nutrition. But, if you have been successful with blood worms then I don't understand about those negatives posts. I read that they also float. Do they? My guy is not afraid of a baster or a net. I could buy a pack and thaw some out and see if he goes for it. Otherwise it might end up along with my other frozen foods which no one likes.

T

tiberius

Thanks Ya'll
I bought frozen blood worms and thawed them out and squirted them to my mandarin. He is not afraid of the baster. He didn't even really look at them much. How did you get them on it? Did you mix it with live brine and try it like that for weeks or what?

T

tiberius

I tried feeding the bloodworms again to my mandarin and he didn't go after them. The LMB did. Figures! LOL He is so fat!!!
QREEF please tell me how you got them to eat it.

kg2qe

My mandarin loves live brine shrimp. I put food in the tank to distract the other fish then I use a turkey baster to target feed him.

T

tiberius

Originally Posted by kg2qe
My mandarin loves live brine shrimp. I put food in the tank to distract the other fish then I use a turkey baster to target feed him.
My did too when I used it. But, they can not survive on them. They need to eat pods. I think mine does as I see him nipping at the rocks and back glass. But, I wanted to give him more so he will live a long time.

shrimpi

mine eats bloodworms like a pig. occaisionally he will eat mysis,. and I also started giving him sweetwater zooplankton and he isnt shy of that stuff either.
Mine never ate live brine, he wasnt interested.
I just squirted some worms in the tank one day and he went after them.... there was no 'training'.

T

tiberius

Originally Posted by Dude23455
Tiberius-
Shoot me an email. I have something to ask you.
Cullendean at gmail.com
YGM!