Nautilus EX Skimmer

dreeves

Anyone have one, use one or have an opinion on one?
Not interested in opinions of other skimmers...

trigger16

Own one and reccomend it.
I would say the Nautilus, EuroReef and Berlin are the only alternatives you should look at.

tony detroit

Nautilus TE or EX?
I have a 30'' and a 48'' EX. They both work really well.
MAKE SURE YOU USE ALL 1'' pipe on the drain and do not submerse the pipe whatsoever. Other than that they work great and are very reasonably priced.

dreeves

Thanks guys...I ordered the EX30, and am waiting shipment. Kip, I looked at the Euro and a few others and decided on the Kent.
But thanks again.

reefnut

The EX30 is rated for a tank upto 575g. A Euroreef rated at that would be well over a thousand dollars.

dreeves

A 45 with over 110 gallons water volume...The pump I needed to buy anyways...it will also be a backup pump for the filtration system from the basement...I still need to get a skimmer for the one 90 gallon as well..I will have enough time between the two to determine the efficiency of the kent and make another decision then...

tony detroit

We can start our own kent marine cult like all the euro reef owners.
Nice to have you on board brother!
Euroreef, YAY

dreeves

Yeah...got the skimmer yesterday...the entire main cylinder is broken from the bottom...I think when they wrapped it in bubble wrap they did it a little too tight...
I researched alot of skimmers and didn't really understand the prices of the Euro's, Precision Marine, LifeReef and the other big dolloar ones...seems to me a little name pricing...I am not into that sort of thing. I splurged when I bought one of my overflows...a LifeReef...and am not overly impressed with it at all...my Tidepool SOS doesnt make a peep of noise...the LifeReef is a gurgling nightmare.

tony detroit

Call john in tech service, mine leaked when I got it right at the bottom of the tube. They sent me a brand new one and I kept the old one for free which is easily fixed. I think the ups guys rough em up a little bit, the tower could use better support IMO. What pump did you get to run it?

dreeves

It is completely severed from the base...the vendor I ordered it from is working it for me...
I got another Little Giant 4-MDQX-SC series pump for it...it is the same pump I use for the tank so I figured it would be a back up in a pinch until I could get another one in case the primary failed.

dreeves

The vendor relayed to me Kent is sending me a new one and provided the tracking number...wonder if some weld-on would repair it???

dreeves

The tube isnt shattered...it is just broken completely free from down inside the collar on top...we will see what can be done with it.