Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

veni vidi vici

"Navy SEALs have secretly captured one of the most wanted terrorists in Iraq — the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004. And three of the SEALs who captured him are now facing criminal charges, sources told FoxNews.com."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,576646,00.html
Has all common sense gone out the window?

D

deadly_legend

all i can say is fail. i think people expected the SEALs to bring him roses and a box of chocolates and ask if hed come nicely. so just, FAIL.

browniebuck

yet another case of criminals having more rights than us law abiding citizens...they should be given a medal for capturing this piece of crap...and I would have vouched for a cash bonus had they killed him on sight!

dragonzim

Ridiculous. They should be investigating the Iraqi officials that this guy got handed over to for making these charges to begin with. Wouldnt be surprised to find out they are in league with this guy.

deejeff442

what makes it even more distgusting is the navy seals have to go to a military trial.yet the scunbags that blew up the towers get a nice civilian court.
i am glad the soilders didnt just take the courtmartial and decided to go public with a trial.this will show the american people just how this administration really works.
i dont even want to listen to the news anymore about the obama people it makes me sick what they are doing to the country.

crypt keeper

i just lost a little respect for my country. I never thought that would happen. People can kill us but godforbid we slap em around a little.

deejeff442

apparently this administration has forgotten why we are the superpower of the world.its bacause the old america kicked a-s-s and didnt worry about what the rest of the world thought.now obama is going around bowing to leaders of other countries.he is the only president to bow to anyone.
what a puss.

9supratt4

Now that pisses me off!! Screw that piece of garbage. He deserved a punch in the mouth!! But what can we as citizens of the country do to stop this crap?

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by 9supratt4
http:///forum/post/3177801
Now that pisses me off!! Screw that piece of garbage. He deserved a punch in the mouth!! But what can we as citizens of the country do to stop this crap?
Vote and fire all
these bums that currently hold office.

9supratt4

Originally Posted by Veni Vidi Vici
http:///forum/post/3177810
Vote and fire all
these bums that currently hold office.
I know I vote....don't know about anyone else. I'm sure most people on here do after reading some of the posts that have been on this site before.
But it's too late for that!!

aw2x3

First off, the "administration" has nothing to do with this. This was reported up the chain of command and it was probably handled accordingly. It probably went no higher than the individuals commanding officer and to cover his own butt, he called for an investigation.
Let them go on trial...nothing will probably come of it. But, it's the US's way of trying to "look good", to the world. Do I agree with it?...absolutely not.
And, you have to remember...this is Fox News, reporting this. They're not known for always being honest and always known for blowing things out of proportion.
Now, before I get jumped all over...I spent a good portion of my adult life in special forces command, in the Navy. This is the way things happen...it's the way they've always happened and the Obama Administration has nothing to do with it.
I went before a Captains Mast, when I was in the military, for firing on an unarmed "combatant". What wasn't mentioned, before Captains Mast was that I was justified, for reasons unsaid and it never went any further. You guys have to remember that back in the late 90's, the government instituted what every enlisted man refers to the "The kindler, gentler military". We're not longer the kick ass and takes names, that we used to be. Now, we're the "I want to make sure I don't get in trouble, for doing something, even though my men are getting killed and I want to cover my own butt".

stdreb27

Originally Posted by AW2x3
http:///forum/post/3177871
First off, the "administration" has nothing to do with this. This was reported up the chain of command and it was probably handled accordingly. It probably went no higher than the individuals commanding officer and to cover his own butt, he called for an investigation.
Let them go on trial...nothing will probably come of it. But, it's the US's way of trying to "look good", to the world. Do I agree with it?...absolutely not.
And, you have to remember...this is Fox News, reporting this. They're not known for always being honest and always known for blowing things out of proportion.
Now, before I get jumped all over...I spent a good portion of my adult life in special forces command, in the Navy. This is the way things happen...it's the way they've always happened and the Obama Administration has nothing to do with it.
I went before a Captains Mast, when I was in the military, for firing on an unarmed "combatant". What wasn't mentioned, before Captains Mast was that I was justified, for reasons unsaid and it never went any further. You guys have to remember that back in the late 90's, the government instituted what every enlisted man refers to the "The kindler, gentler military". We're not longer the kick ass and takes names, that we used to be. Now, we're the "I want to make sure I don't get in trouble, for doing something, even though my men are getting killed and I want to cover my own butt".
See maybe I'm a bit jaded (see black panther types not get charged for voter intimidation, The current situation with the gitmo terrorists etc.) but i feel this is a clear reflection of ideology that this administration embraces, and also a direct reason imo that the fort hood shooting happened... So while it wouldn't be the least bit surprising that the commander and chief or at least one of his direct advisers gave the go ahead... I feel that this administration is the face of said ideology and should be held accountable for action perpetrated by ideologues of said ideology...

socalnano24

Excellent points :) Particularly the FOX News angle. They are known to report early and slightly exagerate.

kspops

Stories like this really get under my skin. It's the political correct B.S. that gets out of control real quick.
I remember a short time ago, there was a protest by Arab Americans for something done by Israel, People on the corners in Tampa protesting. I just wanted to get a bunch of die packs from the banks, Strap them under or in a jacket, Walk into the middle of the crowd and pull the trigger. Then set back and laugh at the idiots as they figured out what happened and say
" Now you know what it feels like to be on the other side..."
JMHO...

veni vidi vici

You guys have to remember that back in the late 90's, the government instituted what every enlisted man refers to the "The kindler, gentler military". We're not longer the kick ass and takes names, that we used to be. Now, we're the "I want to make sure I don't get in trouble, for doing something, even though my men are getting killed and I want to cover my own butt".
This policy works really well.
13 dead, 30 + wounded.
It starts at the top with the politicians.

ironeagle2006

I head of JAG on the NAVY is thinking of one thing HOW DO I KEEP MY STARS. If it takes throwing 3 seals in the brig to do it HE WILL> Besides what are 3 seals to the Navy. Just the Morale hit to something that is so far in the Toliet already and this is coming form Spec OPs People I know Personally. New2Salt you think your Hubby is under bad ROE's try theirs. They can only get approval for a mission now from either the SecDef or the President also any and all lethal force is to be avoided at ALL COSTS. So some one could waste half a seal team and they still have to try to escape without wasting the guys doing it.