NCAA Championchip

j21kickster

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
I still love KU!- that game was beyond incredable, my heart stopped at that last 3 point shot- There is always next year:( :D

j21kickster

and i quote
"At this point, I could give a SH#% less what NC thinks, I have got 13 amazing boys in that locker room , and I love them."
Roy Williams-
I dont think he will give them up for anything- He has been offered positions before and turned them down- Go KU:D

hkgar

Next year could prove to be quite interesting and a lot of fun
Watch out for the Spartans of MSU!:D

Spartans???MSU???Watch out??? What are you saying they are there every year. I think that by now everybody knows to watch out for the Spartans.

broncofish

Originally posted by Kipass4130
... i have just wondered why he has never officially turned UNC down

I think coaching KU and renewing his contract year after year after year would be a big enough rejection. It's like asking a chic out. If she does not say no, but keeps going out with some other guy I think you would get the hint:D

broncofish

I attended the "Roy Williams Midnight Madness" for three years straight, and also saw the staff of my highschool along with Chrales Barkely play the kansas Jayhawk seniors(with Rex Walters). When they inroduced Sir Charles tons of aplause, when Roy williams walked into the building(purely as a spectator) he was swarmed, and drew tons more attention than Barkley. That man is a legend in Kansas, H's up there with the Fog, and Naismith. Once he starts winning tourney's it ain't going to stop. He's not leaving Kansas, he knows what he has there.

overanalyzer

I agree with you totally, there is just alot of press and even mention on Sports Center of how bad UNC is trying to get him.

They tried really hard last time .... why would he leave a program he rules with 2 high school all americans to join a program that is run by the players and the parents. If Dean Smtih begs him he might .... but all in all it would be a bad choice and whomeever walks into KU is oging to pick up a team that returns 4 veteran players with final four experience and two all-americans and a 3rd recruit who was pretty dang close to being all-american = what does UNC have to offer him??

broncofish

Originally posted by overanalyzer
what does UNC have to offer him??

Well MJ used to play there, and they do have very pretty uniforms:D lol

overanalyzer

yeah and a progrma wherethe parents and players ran the last coach out. A coach that michael jordan flew out to NC to woo and a coach who coached under williams for several years. yeah all that talent and they couldn't get into the tournament ....
so to recap - a program in a shambles that screwed over one of Roy's chosen ones. A program that has the monkey's running the zoo. A program without the decency to wait until Roy finished hte tournament to fire their coach (he resigned my a$$ - he even said he asked them to wait a week or two to let Roy finish the tournament). Hmmmmmmm not to mention that about helf hte squad wants to leave and go pro and they thought the old coach out there was not giving them enough playing time to show case their nba talents ..... not the typical roy williams program ....

overanalyzer

even the right color of blue uniforms :)
Kip

Yeah the right color - if you are like six weeks old and drooling on yourself .....

dinhouse

GO GET YOUR OWN D@MN COUCH HE IS OURS AND HE WILL BE UNTIL HE IS OLD AND GRAY!!!
sO BACK OFF YA D@MN BUZZARDS!!!
HEY WAIT WE GOT YOU GUYS A HELL OF A COUCH AND YOU RAN HIM OFF!!

overanalyzer

OK but why would a coach at a top flight program leave his top flight program that has consistenly won leave to go to a program that is a wreck?? I could see if KU bowed out in the second round and had back to back bad years ... but the KU folks want him, he is coming off of back to back final four appearances .... he has built a legacy - I think Bronco had it right - he is the bigest KU basketball coach ever - right up there with the Phog - but if he goes to NC he will forever live in Dean Smith's shadow .....
You better start looking elsewhere!

overanalyzer

Originally posted by logan15
its all fun and games till someone pokes an eye out :(
Logan

Damn Mom - I did not know you were on the board j/k :p
I think Dinhouse is refering to the coach of hte name Daughtery that we sent your way ....
You had your one shot @ a quality Kansas coach and you blew it ... nice job UNC!!
Also - how do you know what kind of underwear Roy wears??
:D

rknapp

Hey, everybody left out next years champs. The team that beat Syracuse 2 times this year. The team that had the best big man in the country. The team that started 2 freshmen, 2 sophmores and 1 junior. The team that has all its' starters coming back next year. Have you guessed it? UCONN!
And that's all I got to say bout that.

overanalyzer

just making reference to his past tar heel coaching experience.... you know, where he learned everything
nah, i really dont wanna see the man in his underpants

You'd probably make him cry :(
LOL and UCONN - nah .... good team but it is way to early to tell - that's why I love march madness!!

dinhouse

"Kipass4130" There comes a day in everymans life that brings him much sadness! Do you remember the the day you found out you were better than your dad/mentor at something? You probly cried didn't you? See one day in Chapel hill littel Roy found out that he was evry bit as good as his mentor and rather than letting his talent waste away behind the scenes he got a Job at a little university in the heartland named Kansas!
Also if you want to get technical as to who provided who with a coach why dont you do a little reasearch on Mr. Smith to see where he spent a good portion of his life not to mention where he graduated High school from......... Okay I'll save you a littel time the legendary Dean Smith graduated from a a school named "TOPEKA HIGH SCHOOL"! I'm not sure how much you paid attention in Geography class but TOPEKA happens to be the capitol of KANSAS!
"rknapp" Oh yeah I forgot about UCONN! (Did they even make the tournament?) Man they were good that year they had that little chubby guard, you know the one that liked to smoke pot between games! LOL sorrycouldn't resist