Need a quick decision....replies appreciated

rwhite

A ric that has been in the process of splitting and the org. frag has been dislodged, but the split has attached to a rock. It looks to be at the "breaking point", but dont know if I should let break or move the frag to the base rock. Its almost stretched to the bottom. Pics coming ASAP.

footbag

I would let it drop unless your afraid it will fall behind a rock. This will give it time to try to split where it wants to split.
Just my opinion...Good luck!!!

rwhite

My thinking as well, lights are going out soon so they wouldnt get light til tomorrow anyway. If the split is complete in the morning, move to a better location then.

rwhite

Its now hit the bottom of the tank, but is still connected. Kip, I should have described it a little better. The ric is attached to a small rock, which is the pc that fell. Where it was splitting had also attached to the lg rock, which is why it simply didnt fall. I wasnt worried about it floating around, mostly worried about stress. On the pc that fell, I can clearly see 1 ric by itself (not sure if it was like that before) and another which is the stretched ric. Now the ? is, should I cut the streched pc and move the small rock to a better location or continue to let nature run its course? I'm going to try post a pic if I can get a shot of it with lights out.

rwhite

A pic using flash and a little tweaking. I think I'm going to snip it where theres 1 polyp in the middle (if ya'll can see it). Will it be okay to just cut it in the tank? Any thing to be worried about?